Slipped disk!

Options
so recently I slipped a disk in my back at work. It's really slowed my workouts down. I'm in too much pain to lift weights hardly... I just don't know what to do! I feel like I'm back in a slump! I've gained two pounds as well... Could be water weight, I don't know. I'm just wondering what type of workouts I can do and if anyone could give me advice to get me out of this rut!☺️

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Did you get this diagnosis by an orthopedist?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can do lunges and squats without using weights, there still very effective.(you can do all types of leg workouts) , there's many arm (bi's and tri's) routines you can do. But most importantly you must eat clean, you don't need a gym to lose weight. Feel free to message me for any help. Good luck!9
  • Etazer
    Etazer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    hey! Im sorry I don't have that much advice right now, I am in a similar situation as you. I broke my neck last december in two places, herniated the disk and damaged my spine, and a bunch of stuff. So I too can't work out and its such a bummer. I put on some weight, and am so out of shape its killing me. hang in there! we can heal together :)
  • kristinrenee6712
    kristinrenee6712 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff I went to the hospital last Thursday and the doctor told me I had a slipped disk on my lower left vertebrae and a pinched nerve on the right. It's been one hell of a painful week
  • kristinrenee6712
    Options
    @RocSmith951 you are totally right! Squats hurt at this time though because it's in my lower back, but I will try to walk more and eat better. Hopefully the pain goes away soon! Thanks for the tips! ☺️
  • RocSmith79
    RocSmith79 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Your welcome.
  • kristinrenee6712
    Options
    @Etazer I'm so sorry to hear that! Your situation sounds crappy! But yes! Let's heal together!
  • Etazer
    Etazer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me!!! good luck cutie :)
  • kristinrenee6712
    Options
  • kristinrenee6712
    Options
    :)
  • SaskiaGratton
    SaskiaGratton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I broke my foot a week ago so I know how *kitten* that feels :/ I just had to be extra careful with what I was eating and then I went swimming since it felt like the easiest thing to do without hurting my foot!
    Hope your back gets better soon!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,826 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this!

Did the doctor prescribe physical therapy?