The journey begins

Back again, at the heaviest I have ever been, roughly around 320. My goal is huge, and very difficult. I would love to be in the lower 200s, and even under. Any tips or support is welcome. My plan is simple, and probably set up for failure, so any ideas or tweaks you have, please.

I am changing my diet by cutting out all fast food, pop and bread. Basically what I want to do is stick with fruits, vegetables and lean meats (chicken, fish, turkey). Doctor told me to throw in one yogurt a day at least to get some dairy in me, so I will be doing that. I have a torn ACL that I dont have the time or money to get replaced, but I can run on a treadmill at least. I plan on doing that the best that I can. I would love to start lifting but have no idea where to start. I feel like I am a weak dude and will end up hurting myself since I dont know what I am doing. None of my friends or anyone around me is on board long term with this kind of stuff, so I am looking here for support.

This turned out to be pretty lengthy and I apologize haha.

Replies

• vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Good luck :)
    I can't give you any advice on weight lifting, but you'll probably find plenty of information as you look through the forums.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    jpwt1313 wrote: »
    Back again, at the heaviest I have ever been, roughly around 320. My goal is huge, and very difficult. I would love to be in the lower 200s, and even under. Any tips or support is welcome. My plan is simple, and probably set up for failure, so any ideas or tweaks you have, please.

I am changing my diet by cutting out all fast food, pop and bread. Basically what I want to do is stick with fruits, vegetables and lean meats (chicken, fish, turkey). Doctor told me to throw in one yogurt a day at least to get some dairy in me, so I will be doing that. I have a torn ACL that I dont have the time or money to get replaced, but I can run on a treadmill at least. I plan on doing that the best that I can. I would love to start lifting but have no idea where to start. I feel like I am a weak dude and will end up hurting myself since I dont know what I am doing. None of my friends or anyone around me is on board long term with this kind of stuff, so I am looking here for support.

This turned out to be pretty lengthy and I apologize haha.

Welcome :]
    Good to see you here.

I want to start off by saying, in the nicest way possible, change your attitude. Your first paragraph contained the words "and probably set up for failure". You're already doubting yourself - this mentality won't help you lose the weight you want to lose. You really, really need to dig deep and find that positivity and strength because this 'journey' will be testing at times.

It's good to see you are aware of what you are eating but also know that cutting out bread and pop isn't actually necessary. You can eat whatever you want - if you are eating at a deficit, you'll lose weight. I can sit and eat pasta, bread and maybe even a cake and still lose weight. Because I stick to my deficit. So forget all the myths you've heard about 'cutting out certain food groups'. It's not true :)

You will find a lot of support and understanding here. On top of that, you'll also get some really good, genuine advice. I'm wishing you the very best of luck here. You can do this!