Help! Chocolate craving!!

Options
I am seriously craving some chocolate right now!! Is it worth sacrificing those little treats to stay within my kilojoule limit?? :(

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate in moderation. Break a piece off, weigh it, log it and put the chocolate away.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Can you work them in? Do some extra exercise to fit them in? I did an hour of cardio this morning that will be mostly spent on my planned tim tam (chocolate biscuit) low cal jarrah hot chocolate and 1/2 a Nutella doughnut after dinner :)
  • bexb97
    bexb97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll do some exercise for the chocolate, it'll be worth it :) thanks guys
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    bexb97 wrote: »

There's no point in 'suffering' while trying to lose weight... it usually doesn't end well.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I went on my exercise bike so I could have 2 squares (15g) of delicious chocolate last night - win/win!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    bexb97 wrote: »

Yay! Good for you.

A little bit of chocolate every day is no hindrance to weight loss, if you stick to your calorie limit.

It works for me! 42 lbs lost since April.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    have a hershey kiss. i have a small piece of chocolate about 3 times a week. prevents the massive cravings where i want a huge candy bar/bowl of ice cream, etc. a hershey kiss is 22 calories.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has some great low cal chocolate recipes.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    There is always room for chocolate.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I love the 75% dark chocolate from Lindt - all I need is square or two.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are, but in the Uk there's chocolate rice cakes with chocolate chips in. They are by Snack a Jacks, and are so tasty! Only around 40 calories each. I really enjoy then.

But yes, enjoy chocolate if you want it and it fits into your daily goal. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is amazing. JUST amazing. If you're a chocaholic, save up some calories for a cheeky 'treat' whenever you get that craving. You can totally keep chocolate in your life (and so you should!!) :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I budget for little treats at the end of the day.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate flavor (sweet but not too sweet with a little tartness at the end of it)...around 16 pieces is 170 cals. I eat 4 (around 45 cals) when a craving hits and it usually stops the need for more.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have 15 regular m&ms at a time every so often and it still fits in my calorie goal with room to spare..Im getting better with it as I go and my cravings are diminishing. 15 regular m&ms are 52 calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Regan45 wrote: »
    Pinterest has some great low cal chocolate recipes.

Completely misread this as "low chocolate recipes" and I was thinking that would be the saddest pintrest list ever...
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    99% from Lindt or your average Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate (purest form and a decent price too). What's great about Bakers is that it is already wrapped into little servings
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd also add in that those chocolate avocado pudding recipes are pretty good. i just mixed in 2 tsp of cocoa with 1 avocado (fairly large one) and 2 tsp of honey. I didn't have any cravings for chocolate at the time but it was satisfying as it was a lot richer and darker.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You're probably just hungry!