Anyone has experience with B12 deficiency?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    why were you low in B12 (This is a test)

What do you mean this is a test ????
    It is a test. It is only a test. For the next thirty seconds, that poster will be conducting a test of the emergency broadcast system. Beeeeep. This is a test. It is only a test. Had there been an actual emergency, you would've been instructed where to tune for information. This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system.

(Of course, when there actually was a nationwide emergency, there was no use of the emergency broadcast system. The one and only time it might have served any purpose, it wasn't used. But it was tested a LOT!)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »
    why were you low in B12 (This is a test)

What do you mean this is a test ????
    It is a test. It is only a test. For the next thirty seconds, that poster will be conducting a test of the emergency broadcast system. Beeeeep. This is a test. It is only a test. Had there been an actual emergency, you would've been instructed where to tune for information. This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system.

(Of course, when there actually was a nationwide emergency, there was no use of the emergency broadcast system. The one and only time it might have served any purpose, it wasn't used. But it was tested a LOT!)

When was there actually a nation-wide emergency?
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    tHE OPPOSITE. I hAd too much B12 in my blood

I'm curious about this, because I tested off the charts for B12 on my last two blood tests. After googling, I was alarmed to see it associated with liver dysfunction, so I called my doc back in a bit of a panic. He said they didn't know why it was high (I don't take vitamin supplements), but it wasn't because of any liver problems, because my other liver tests were fine.

I went to see an endocrinologist for something else (I am borderline low-thyroid), and she wanted me to see an oncologist because high B12 is sometimes associated with leukemia and other white blood cell disorders (I did also test high for eosinophils). I went to the appointment, only to have that doc kind of chuckling because apparently my white blood cell levels weren't anywhere close to those that indicate cancer.

So it remains a mystery. Why am I testing off the charts for B12. 3 doctors say they have no idea!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I have a genetic disorder for which I need B12, folic acid, and magnesium. Not huge amounts, but I do notice it if I go a week or two without ... and I start to feel better within a week back on again.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i cannot absorb vitamin b12 so i have the injections, im lethargic right before im due a shot and takes me a couple of days to feel "normal" after them

i also get lethargic when my thyroid meds need adjusting