How often do you all weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Every day, so that I can log it in Libra. This teaches me about daily fluctuations. I only log when I've been at the lower weight for a couple of days :)
  • BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Daily, but log weekly on my spreadsheet.
    The daily weights I log on a free app called Libra, it's good because over time it shows your trend and stops me freaking out over those unexpected, sudden gains and also gives a bit of perspective to the same in losses!

that sounds like a cool app! ! ! Thanks for that!

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Once a week... on mondays (i like weighing on monday cause it keeps me on track over the weekend)
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Daily. I think despite it's downsides (e.g., possibly mildly freaking out over fluctuations), weighing myself on a daily basis has been a great habit to establish for accountability and awareness purposes.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to once a week (or less). If I do it more than that it's to satisfy curiosity but is not particularly helpful.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and log it daily. I like seeing the fluctuations and trends overall. It's good info. When the number doesn't drop down like it usually does, that's when I know I need to work on things a little harder.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I can every 4 days or so. I try not to do it too much because for me, it's a bit depressing everyday when I gained weight one day and then the next dropped. lol once I get my own scale I will probably weigh everyday again though, bc I'm trying to have more "observations" verses "judgments" on myself, it gives me an idea of what my body is doing. ie retaining water, the weight of food not digested through etc. but it would be up to you and how you feel I guess. Like if I ate a lot one day, then I wont weigh myself the next because I know the result - no weight loss. So it's entirely up to you.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month and take measurements weekly.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Daily and try not to focus on the day-to-day fluctuations, but rather the trendline*

Tracking/plotting it in Excel, including with linear regression :)
  • ElPasoMark
    ElPasoMark Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Once a week, no more. There will be up's and down's (Weight fluxuation) throughout the week and it's easy to get frustrated/discouraged if you check it every day. Sunday morning I check (And record) Resting Heart Rate (RHR), Blood Pressure, pulse, oxygen, blood sugar, and weight. I do check my RHR daily (If I remember :) ) after reading these - http://running.competitor.com/2014/06/training/think-youre-overtraining-check-your-pulse_63593 and http://blog.digifit.com/2013/05/resting-heart-rat/. I can confirm my RHR is higher the morning after a hard workout or if I'm feeling run down or sick.

Cheers,

Mark
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good for me. But sometimes if I put in extra work that week, I may peek around 4-5 days.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least every other day but most times I weigh myself daily except when I'm out of town.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually on Thursday mornings....but sometimes I peek on Monday morning just to see if I've done any damage that requires more effort...ie vodka or Toblerone Pie....much more effort required after one of those weekends!
  • maciekukla
    maciekukla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    These apps Libra and Fitbit are free apps? Which one is easier to use?
  • xXGearheadXx
    xXGearheadXx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    four times/week now, on workout days. I take an average of those 4 to compare week to week.
  • elbrujo53
    elbrujo53 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The good thing of weighting once a week and on the same day of the week is that you have a fixed reference from where to measure your real progress. You can have ups and downs from one day to the other and that might be discouraging (for instance from Saturday to Sunday to Monday...) What had worked for me: one day of the week usually a Wednesday or a Thursday (far from weekend days) first thing in the morning , register your weight and measurements on a spreadsheet and weight same day every week on. You can weight everyday if you want, but use only one day to measure your progress... Good luck!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks or so...just to make sure I'm slightly downward trending...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    elbrujo53 wrote: »
    The good thing of weighting once a week and on the same day of the week is that you have a fixed reference from where to measure your real progress. You can have ups and downs from one day to the other and that might be discouraging (for instance from Saturday to Sunday to Monday...) What had worked for me: one day of the week usually a Wednesday or a Thursday (far from weekend days) first thing in the morning , register your weight and measurements on a spreadsheet and weight same day every week on. You can weight everyday if you want, but use only one day to measure your progress... Good luck!

Not really. Those ups and downs can occur on the day you choose to weigh. The only way to tell, is to weigh every day.

But how often you should weigh yourself, or whether at all, is totally up to you and what is practical and in line with your feelings towards the scale.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day in the morning before eating, but I only record losses on my spreadsheet. I can go a week or more without losing, but when it comes off, it's pretty dramatic (2-4 lbs over a few days).
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every 2 weeks or so. Doing it any more frequently gets me a little scale obsessed and I lose motivation if I don't see progress on the scale at times.