No change

Options
is it normally to see no change to weight in the first few weeks of weight loss? I have come back to MFP with the dedication I lacked previously and I am really enjoying the App. It's quite addictive! Yet I have seen no change to my weight in 3.5weeks. I am logging all my food, which I read it the minimum as long as I am in deficit. I admit my fitness is not where it could/should be. I have had 2 weekends away which may have hindered my efforts. Am I just being impatient? Obviously I am going to continue logging as I quite enjoy it and can see some great successes on here. Maybe just need to up my game on the exercise front?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If you have just started working out you might be retaining water. I had to wait two weeks to see a change after I started a new regimen - and then I got a massive woosh in one week! :)

Also, are you weighing your food?

And remember, women are basically sponges. We retain water at the drop of a hat. 3.5 weeks...is it time of month?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If " 2 weekends away which may have hindered my efforts " points to overeating then yes that might be the problem. Don't worry too much about exercise, you can lose weight confined to bed. If you walk 30 mins a day at a reasonable pace that's adequate.

An open diary might help - settings, lower left, set to public. Or tell us how many calories you eat and any useful stats.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

ALL of this. Especially the video.
  • EmmalB2015
    EmmalB2015 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys