Juicers / Blenders...

Options
Do you have recommendations for blenders etc... to make shakes etc.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not a juicer. Juicers remove the fiber and some nutrients. Pick something that keeps ALL the food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    i have a $14 walmart hamilton beach blender.
    works fantastic for over a year now.
    for protein shakes. i do not touch smoothies -- too much sugar.

money no issue? rich?
    get a VITAMIX for about $300 or $400 bucks.

Not my smoothies.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have an optimum which is similar to a vitamix. It's amazing, I use it multiple times a week. It makes the smoothest green smoothies, great protein fluff and its strong enough to use as a food processor. It wasn't cheap but it's my most used kitchen appliance.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have a Vitamix. Blends and liquifies everything. So far I have had it for 13 years and it's still going strong. I do not juice so can not speak to juicers...
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja Master Prep. It was like $30 but the blades are really powerful and sharp and has no problem pureeing the ice and spinach in my smoothies. I can tell after a year and change the blades have dulled somewhat so I will probably replace it periodically but for the price it has been totally worth it.

Vitamix is awesome and works much more quickly than the Ninja but I can't justify the price personally. If you use it all the time though it can be worth it.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want to blend. If you're just making protein shakes/milk shakes or smoothies with soft fruits then you don't need to spend a lot of money.

If you're looking to make vegetable smoothies and/or want something that can cope with ice then you'll need to spend more. Popular mid-range blenders are Nutribullet and Nutri Ninja

If money is no object then and you think you'd get a lot of use out of it, then go for a Vitamix or Blendtec.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    i have a $14 walmart hamilton beach blender.
    works fantastic for over a year now.
    for protein shakes. i do not touch smoothies -- too much sugar.

money no issue? rich?
    get a VITAMIX for about $300 or $400 bucks.

I'm far from rich. But I splurged on a vitamix because I kept wearing out cheaper to $100 blenders. It really all that they say. And I shouldn't have to buy a new blender.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Vita mix is worth it if you are going to use it alot. I forget what the warranty is but the motor is around 20 years and the rest of the machine is 10 years. My mom dropped and broke the container after 5 years of use and they sent her a whole new machine!
    With that being said I bought a Ninja 2 years ago and use it 2-5 times a week and still works great. The vita mix blends things more smooth. However I like the ice mode on the ninja, good for doing blended coffees.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    if it is just for single servings, nutra ninja system is perfect for shakes/smoothies/fluff or simply blending in small amounts.
    not sure how well the ones under 1200watt puree/blend but, mine is from the 1200w nutra ninja kitchen system set that i bought, it chops & blends fruits & veggies into nothingness in the 16oz cups it comes with (large frozen banana simply broken into three pieces get chopped and blended within seconds, pretty powerful little thing).. one of the top three best purchase i have made over the years, i use it it pretty much everyday.

• cmtigger
    Options
    Vita mix is worth it if you are going to use it alot. I forget what the warranty is but the motor is around 20 years and the rest of the machine is 10 years. My mom dropped and broke the container after 5 years of use and they sent her a whole new machine!
    With that being said I bought a Ninja 2 years ago and use it 2-5 times a week and still works great. The vita mix blends things more smooth. However I like the ice mode on the ninja, good for doing blended coffees.

The warranty is 5 years on refurbished and 7-8 years on new.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    All different types are great, the Oster series, Ninja series, Nutribullet, magicbullet, and Vitamix. Either way, you are getting a good blender with those brands. <3

Yes Ive owned one of each except the vitamix, I use my friend's own whenever at her house :P
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I actually love my juicer, have started dropping lbs fast since using it a few times a week... I scoop the "pulp" into the juice, so no lost fiber and no lost nutrients, and I have no guilt over wasted food/money :) The only downside I can attest to is the cleanup, which is a bit of a bi&%h,,oo...and the brand is Jack Lalanne Fusion Juicer
  • cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my NutriBullet. I'll be honest, I don't have much to compare it to because I've only used a few others randomly here and there when I wasn't home (and can't even remember which was which) but I think the NutriBullet is amazing.
  • cmtigger
    Options
    I've read that for bullet blenders, the nutri bullet is one of the more powerful. I have the Tribest, which is also good (and I chose it because I can blend in canning jars) But neither compare to a vitamix if it can be fit into your budget. I got a vitamix just over a month ago and have only used my little blender once since I bought it. If you get the tall pitcher, or the 32 oz pitcher, it is fine with small amounts.
  • jessroe
    jessroe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Nutribullet - perfect for green juices (nothing gets extracted, so it's full of fibre) and healthy smoothies (my favourite is frozen berries, banana, maca powder and protein powder - yum!), plus it's handy for dips, pestos and anything else you can think of.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the helpful suggestions. i am in the market, too.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have a Blendtec. It's a beast! I've used it for protein shakes, smoothies, soups, frozen margs and home made salad dressings. Works like a champ. I wanted something that would outlast me. Only other one I considered was the Vitamix; I just didn't like their pitcher. Looked like a pain to scrap all the goodness out.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a Nutribullet (a slightly more expensive version of the Magic Bullet but hey at least it doesn't sound like I bought myself a vibrator!). I like it. You drink right out of the cup thing you mix everything in, which is great for smoothies. Less clean up. It's also smaller that a normal blender, only a few cups or so, so I can stick it in my dishwasher easy!