Farm Style workouts

Options
Does anyone else use tractor tire, cement blocks, shoveling, etc as farm workout?? I started flipping a tractor tire, carry blocks from point a to point b and shovel dirt and move with wheelbarrow... These are whole body workouts, feel great, and get very sore, building muscle... Am I the only one? And anyone have other suggestions to add to these style working out? Thanks.

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Rocky did

Do you tell that tractor tire

"I will crush you"
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Rocky did

Do you tell that tractor tire

"I will crush you"

I like that! That may help! Lol
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else use tractor tire, cement blocks, shoveling, etc as farm workout?? I started flipping a tractor tire, carry blocks from point a to point b and shovel dirt and move with wheelbarrow... These are whole body workouts, feel great, and get very sore, building muscle... Am I the only one? And anyone have other suggestions to add to these style working out? Thanks.

Yeah, those can be good workouts.

Tire options:
    1. Do flips like you're doing, do them for distance, maybe even time yourself and try to improve your time.
    2. Tire flip, jump into the tire (assuming the opening is appropriate for it), jump out, flip, repeat
    3. Get a sledgehammer or a bat and hit is as hard as you can for reps

Block Carries
    1. Carry one in each hand
    2. Carry one in one hand only and keep your body upright while you walk
    3. Cradle one block in both hands and hold it overhead while you walk
    4. Hold one in one hand and carry it overhead, other hand empty, while you keep your body upright and walk

Wheelbarrow: Just load it with dirt, blocks, whatever will add weight to it. If you have hills try and push it uphill. Those are all pretty good ways to build some strength and conditioning. Makes me miss bailing hay with my grandfather. :)
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    These are good Sam I Am
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tractor tires make for an awesome workout, living on a farm is a workout within itself!
    When I first started using the tires I found this article and found it to be helpful.

Good luck!

http://rosstraining.com/blog/sledgehammer-training/