Upping calories during bulk

Options
How many days of the scale showing no gain before you decide it's time to up mid-bulk?

I expected there to be a gradual slowing of gain to indicate it's time to up calories. But I've oddly been at the same weight this week after having a steady half pound a week average. Not sure if it's just an odd coincidence or an indication that it's time to increase.

Replies

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    How many days of the scale showing no gain before you decide it's time to up mid-bulk?

I expected there to be a gradual slowing of gain to indicate it's time to up calories. But I've oddly been at the same weight this week after having a steady half pound a week average. Not sure if it's just an odd coincidence or an indication that it's time to increase.

To be honest I would give it more than a week. I've been bulking since November of last year & am more or less finished now but there were times when I didn't see much of an increase but to be honest I didn't weigh myself that much, once a month maybe. If there wasn't any change from one month to the next, I upped the calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I would give it two weeks ...if no increase then bump up by 50 to 100 calories a day and see what happens...
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll give it another week. Probably just a weird coincidence.
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I would give it two weeks ...if no increase then bump up by 50 to 100 calories a day and see what happens...

Spot on advice !
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I usually give it 3-4 weeks. 2 weeks seems quick- and hard to make sure it's not just a daily weight flux up. but I'm a slow but steady kind of person. 3 is adequate.
  • blissalexandra
    blissalexandra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's bulking feel free to add me
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Give it at least 2 weeks...then up the calories if no change.....
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Gave it two weeks, upd now. Tip - up it by 250 now because 70% chances are if you havent increases single pound in a week or two , even if you increase it next week Its gonna be slower than you think
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5 days to 1 week and to also judge by how i'm feeling. If i do feel hunger, and i dont see any weight gain i wont wait any longer. Hunger is a biological signal that your body needs food.
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    2 weeks of stalled lifts where you can't increase weight/reps no matter how hard you try + stalled bodyweight = cal bump