Any other (er-hem) middle aged peeps out there?

Options
Hiya.
Im in my mid 40's (!) and would like to find others of a smiliar age to give and receive support and encouragement.
I dont have a support network (my OH can pretty much eat what he likes), and all my friends are not in the same country as me.
Id really like some help on my journey to a healthier, lighter me.
Cheers
Jo

Replies

• sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I guess I fall into that bracket, would be happy to help motivate you, I live pretty close by and we seem to have similar goals
  • kiwijo95
    kiwijo95 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy reply Sue.
    Looking forward to getting to know you.
    :o)
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well, I just hit the big 50 earlier this month if that still counts I'd be happy become friends :)
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy reply Sue.
    Looking forward to getting to know you.

You're welcome. I know it helps to have all the support you can, especially when the going gets tough.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo, I'm a bit over the middle age bracket really..in fact a rather wrickety OAP as I'm 78 coming up 79 in August, but if you want to add me by all means do.
    All the best to you for your exciting journey.
  • 2beThin139
    Options
    46 in a couple weeks so count me in!
  • tinalou1962
    Options
    My name is Tina, and I have been doing myfitnesspal for 6 months now. I could use some support!! i have lost 15 pounds.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    47 here! Pleased to meet you!
  • Brenda_Healthisgood
    Options
    Hi there, recently turned 46! Joined myfitnesspal just this Monday because I've gained a little bit of extra weight lately and can't figure out why! Thought I better start tracking what I'm eating to get to the root cause.....happy to be part of the "middleaged peeps" group ha ha.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    51 and just run my first half-marathon this week!
  • depoqueen
    depoqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo!

You are definitely not alone! I have the "privilege" of turning 50 this year, and to ease the pain I'd like to really get in shape. I've got about 40 lbs. to take off.
  • kiwijo95
    kiwijo95 Posts: 25
    Options
    Blimey, thanks for all the wonderful responses, Im really touched and am looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.
  • cbmurph
    cbmurph Posts: 2
    Options
    im 46 and going through the menopause stage and have thyroid problems. i walk 2 miles a day and do strength training and still cant lose weight
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    I'll be 44 on Monday. :drinker:
  • jadawimali
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 been losing weight since january and have lost 24 lbs so far, only recently joined here so ticker shows only 3lbs still have a fair way to go to get to a healthy weight roughly 33 or so lbs will decide on a taget nearer the time. It would be lovely to have support from others as my oh has never had a problem with his weight and doesn't understand how hard it can be to lose it. onwards and downwards :-)
  • missceliek
    missceliek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. This losing weight thing is not as easy as it used to be.
  • TLee0123
    TLee0123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is 43 middle aged? If so, count me in.
  • LadyDevannia
    LadyDevannia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 47 and have quite a bit of weight to lose.. Would love to be mid40's peep!
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and started to work to get rid of the extra weight. Like minded friends welcome/wanted to share the journey with. :)
  • aidy_ball
    aidy_ball Posts: 33
    Options
    another one to add to the many here. early 40's (thats enough detail on that lol)
    Suprising how many are eager to support out here!