Not a recipe but a darn satisfying snack

Options
CattOfTheGarage
CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
edited September 2015 in Recipes
At a loss for lunch the other day, I bought a meal deal which involved a pack of 8 of those sweet spicy little pickled peppers stuffed with cream cheese. I didn't mean to eat them all. I really didn't. But they were really really good.

I thought it would be a disaster, but they only set me back 250 calories! I know that's substantial but it's definitely a manageable number for a snack and they are extremely satisfying. I think I may seek out a jar of them (as long as I can manage not to eat the whole jar in one go).

Replies

• adidas180537
    adidas180537 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do you get them?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I got them in the Co-Op (uk) - "stuffed peppadew peppers". You get them in a picnic deal with various things like falafels (also very good). I know you can get the peppers in jars but you might have to stuff them yourself then.

It's the sweet-spicy-creamy thing that makes them so satisfying, I think.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What is the sodium content?
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've made them at home, stuffed with goat cheese.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Those little peppers are amazing I bought them from asda (UK) a few weeks ago. Not stuffed but they are bloody lovely :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I've never seen them...not with cream cheese at least. I will look. Pickled things are so satisfying to me and have helped me get my salt/snack on in a deficit. I like going to the Asian grocery store and getting little packets of pickled things.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    In the U.S. you usually find them in the olive bar of some grocery stores. I find them at Kroger and sometimes Whole Foods. I've never seen them stuffed either, but they're tasty!