How do you all stay motivated?!

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Kids, my children keep me motivated. My little guy the other day sees me on the tread mill and says "Daddy fighting the chub!" All I needed. I am fighting the chub..and the chub is going down! :)

That's precious--GREAT motivation :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am not always motivated but I go for my run because I know it makes me feel better, and I have been logging everything I eat even if I go over. So I can see the results even if those results are not what I want. I enjoy feeling healthy I like the fact I can go to the water parks with my kids and climb the stairs while caring the tube and not have to rest at every landing like 90 percent of the parents. Or climbing the stairs when we go to the sand dunes. I am tired today I do not feel like going for my run but I am getting out there to do it even if its only for 10 minutes at least I did something. I know I will feel better when I am done.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I focus on something other than the scale. I know that if I stay under my calorie goal, the weight will come off, but if that's all I focus on, I'll make myself crazy. So I set a goal to run a 5k, do a pull-up, etc. A skill I can work on is tangible; with the exception of the energy balance, weight loss is out my control.