I want Pumpkin muffins or bread!!

Options
pandapotlovebug
pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
I've been searching for a good low calorie one. Have you found a good one? Which one have you tried?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A really easy one:

1 pkg carrot cake mix
    1 (15 0z) can of pumpkin
    1/2 cup water
    2 egg whites
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Beat together about 2 minutes. This makes 24 cupcakes.

The egg whites (and water) make it a bit lighter than the recipe with spice cake and just a can of pumpkin recipe. Tha recipe is a little bit like a sponge.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A really easy one:

1 pkg carrot cake mix
    1 (15 0z) can of pumpkin
    1/2 cup water
    2 egg whites
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

The egg whites (and water) make it a bit lighter than the recipe with spice cake and just a can of pumpkin recipe. Tha recipe is a little bit like a sponge.
    Do you know how many calories is this?
    Tganks!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Not the same as a good pumpkin bread but this Pumpkin Fluff is one of my favorite things to make in the fall, I serve it with gingersnap cookies.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/Pumpkin Fluff Dip/add-photo.aspx?recipeId=151030
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    A really easy one:

1 pkg carrot cake mix
    1 (15 0z) can of pumpkin
    1/2 cup water
    2 egg whites
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Don't even have to use egg whites. Just cake box mix (you can use ANY mix), the can of pumpkin, bit of water.

I made 12 with carrot cake mix two weeks ago and they turned out 175 calories per muffin. They're delicious, and surprisingly filling.

Or you can try and find the Fiber One pumpkin bars.

• spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I used the can of pumpkin and a spice cake mix, no water. Made 12 muffins at 148 cal ea . They're good!
  • candiceprov31
    candiceprov31 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be making this one- but in muffin form as my quick breads never seem to cook all the way through!
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Oatmeal-Pumpkin-Spice-Bread-Recipe-22071355
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I do this one and it is delicious...very similar to TeaBea's recipe:

1 box of sugar free yellow cake mix
    1 small can of pumpkin
    2T water or skim milk

pumpkin pie spices as desired: nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves or the premix

Mix and bake...I think it makes around 18 muffins, I've added walnuts and before too. It is delicious! I haven't figured the calories in a while, I believe well under 150 per muffin.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN OATMEAL MUFFINS

Makes 8 jumbo muffins

• 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
    • 1/2 heaping cup soaked rolled oats (not quick oats)
    • 1 large egg, at room temperature
    • 3/4 level cup dark brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
    • 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
    • 1-1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 2 scoops vanilla whey+casein blend protein powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
    • 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, freshly ground

Combine buttermilk and oats in a large bowl and let soak for half hour. After a half hour, begin to preheat the oven to 375 F. Next, grease the entire surface of muffin tin with melted butter or a neutral oil.

In a separate bowl, sift remaining ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, and spices.

Crack the egg into the oat and milk mixture; add brown sugar and whisk vigorously to combine. Stir in the melted butter or coconut oil. Fold in the pumpkin puree.

Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, taking care not to over mix. Just before scooping into the muffin tins, the batter should appear to be only 85% mixed, with some dry lumps in there. The reason for this is to avoid excess gluten build-up and give you a more tender muffin.

Scoop the batter 3/4 of the way into the muffin tins. Bake until light brown and tops spring back when gently touched - About 22-24 minutes for jumbo muffins.

Remove from oven and let them cool in the muffin tin. When cool, run a sharp knife around the edges, turn upside down, and pop muffins out.

These are approx. 350 calories each for a "jumbo" muffin - 15 g pro/15 g fat/37 g carb