Can I Eat Anything I want While Eating back my calories burned and still lose weight?

I have been doing this for 3 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I love to eat rich foods and have beer, is this possible as long as I don't go negative in my calories?

I am tired of deprivation and just wanted to learn moderation while losing weight in a healthy way.

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Yes. Tonight I had a chili dog, wings, beer and wine (football night, not the norm). I'm under my calories and currently maintaining but had nights like this when I was losing 30 lbs too.

I try to have most of my diet from nutrient dense foods with treats thrown in each day...
  • Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Calories are calories. 100 calories of beer has the same impact as 100 calories of broccoli.

You are right to want to build positive habits. That's the difference between dropping a few lbs and changing your life.
  • kitkatbrat1978
    kitkatbrat1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks, I was just hoping to hear from others that want to lose weight and eat like "normal" people. I am learning to enjoy running to earn the food/drink that I love, but I was scared that it may be too good to be true!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Thanks, I was just hoping to hear from others that want to lose weight and eat like "normal" people. I am learning to enjoy running to earn the food/drink that I love, but I was scared that it may be too good to be true!

It's freeing huh?
  • kitkatbrat1978
    kitkatbrat1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Absolutely! I always tried the low calorie and less work out approach and it always ending in binging. This makes me self aware of portions and allows me to reward myself the way I want to! So far I'm addicted to MyFitnessPal!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    (Background:I've lost 11 kg, have a bmi of 21, am planning to slowly lose 2-3 more kg)

Tonight I am having curry and beer. I am sure to have chocolate, ice cream, and wine over the weekend. I have some kind of dessert every night.

I will also hit the gym for a couple hours and also maybe fit in a run. My idea of a perfect weekend :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Calories are for weight loss. Eat what you want under your calorie goal and you should lose weight.

Macros are for nutrition and health. Getting enough protein fats and carbs and all the micro nutrients are more for health and well being, for example not enough protein I think leads to hair loss and brittle nails and break down of muscles.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    exercise for me is used as a tool to not only get fitter but to allow me to eat the things convention says are bad for me. 1 hours run means icecream!!! long cycle means pizza etc etc
  • laropmet
    laropmet Posts: 52 Member
    I always allow myself a treat every day. It's what lets me keep going.