Do men like it to be pink?

Options
tehboxingkitteh
tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
Minds out of the gutter, people. And I apologize for any disappointment in advance :flowerforyou:

I have a pink water bottle, with cherry blossoms. I typically leave it and my towel on a windowsill while I lift, so it doesn't get in the way. This morning, the gym was fairly empty. There were only men in the free weights section. I had been drinking out of it between sets, so it wasn't unattended long. When I finished, I struck up a conversation with one of the gentlemen lifting, because I see him there often. Maybe 5 minutes.

My water bottle was gone. I looked around. My towel was there. No one turned it in at the front desk. No ransom or IOU note.

Yes, I'm only assuming a man stole it. And no, I'm not terribly upset because it's a water bottle. I chose it because I thought it would be safe. Apparently men like pink?

So maybe reverse psychology will work and if I get a manly looking bottle, it'll be safe? What's the manliest color?

7R09-cherryblossom-office-large.jpg

ETA this isn't my exact bottle. Mine is more fuchsia. I just didn't feel like surfing the interwebz forever.

Replies

• dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Breathlessly waiting for answer.
  • greymane98
    greymane98 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well that WAS a nice water bottle...Probably the style as much as the color. People are very picky about their bottles...I still haven't found one I am really happy with.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    men so love pink.
    maybe charcoal grey
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Apparently manly men don't much care what color/design. My son's gym bags kept being stolen so he started taking my grocery shopping bags for his smelly gym clothes. So I got pink breast cancer ones and flowered designs on others. It didn't matter. He took them anyway.

Maybe the guy has a daughter, wife, or girlfriend he needed a gift for!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Getting things stolen is less about the object and more about the person who stole it.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a fair bit of gender stereotyping.:laugh: Maybe it isn't the pink. Maybe it is the flowers. Ever think of that? :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think it's quite obvious what happened here:

The guy engaged you in conversation... his wife ran in scooped up the water bottle to save for her hubby.....this is probably a scam they pull at every gym in town... you know your purple one won't be safe either right?

It's a master plan... they most likely have a locker full and sell them on Ebay after workouts!

Mystery solved!:smokin: :tongue:

Well, that's a fair bit of gender stereotyping.:laugh: Maybe it isn't the pink. Maybe it is the flowers. Ever think of that? :flowerforyou:
    Perhaps men drink water too? Another option to think about... so many possibilities in this Mystery!:glasses:

On a side note... what gym do you go to, because I'm really loving that Purple Rubbermaid one.. actually I do like it. I'll have to scour the stores to pick one up.

Thanks for the smile this morning... I am sorry though about your bottle...:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I would totally rock that bottle.
    No, I didn't steal yours.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    FUNNY!
    and yes,,, men do love pink.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You need a water bottle with a willy straw.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Getting things stolen is less about the object and more about the person who stole it.

And right now, the thief has more water bottles than the OPer.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You need a water bottle with a willy straw.

:laugh:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I tried to get my son to pick a Hello Kitty backpack, but he didn't think that would go over well with the other high school juniors. :-D

For myself, I think men in pink shirts and men who aren't afraid of a little silliness are extremely HAWT.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    Options
    I didn't even think of the flowers! Spank me for being so narrow minded.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this thread would be a discussion about the relative merits of cooking steaks to different degrees of doneness :(
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Could be that a cleaning person came by and "cleaned it up." My gym has roving occasionally cleaning people to "freshen up" the gym. The cleaning people at work have "cleaned up" my water bottle while I was away from my desk but still at work.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Okay, so now can we talk about germs and who would drink from a used water bottle? :noway:

Just sayin'... :tongue:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    Options

And right now, the thief has more water bottles than the OPer.
    I have an entire cabinet devoted to water bottles. I just always took the pink one because my gym bag is pink.

ETA I always have a water bottle on me, and they're the only thing I allow my daughter to use in the car (although it's only water), so they get used frequently. It's better than buying a bottled water or soda from a drive thru or gas station when thirsty out on the road.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Some perv stole it because you were sucking on it with your sweaty mouth. Next time just leave a pair of panties next to it at all times so he'll take that instead.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Maybe my browser colour display is off, but IMO that bottle looks more lilac than pink to me....