MFP Blog: Calorie Not a Calorie

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The MFP blog is terrible. I am not sure why Lustig has been in every other post recently, but it's super annoying.

Did you see the "real food" challenge post? Lustig recommended that we not eat anything with a label. Which would eliminate the broccoli I had for dinner last night (I bought florets in a bag because I'm lazy).
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Best twisting of that Kirk meme I've ever seen. That blog is such a faffing joke that there are boundless evens that I just can't.

Lustig has become its darling of late, and frankly, it doesn't surprise given the Thumper mentality now guiding all forum posting.

Solid weight loss advice and real science? Not to be found on MFP. It's all feels and woo.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    The MFP blog is terrible. I am not sure why Lustig has been in every other post recently, but it's super annoying.

Did you see the "real food" challenge post? Lustig recommended that we not eat anything with a label. Which would eliminate the broccoli I had for dinner last night (I bought florets in a bag because I'm lazy).
    Eating a giant bag of frozen vegetables almost every work day has been one of the more useful things I've done in losing weight. I guess I was mistaken because they had Daily Chef stamped on them. Nuts, guess I'm still obese no matter what the scale tells me. And I'll get diabetes, even though I can get fasting insulin levels after eating ice cream. (unlabled) NUTS!
  • senecarr
    Options

Best twisting of that Kirk meme I've ever seen. That blog is such a faffing joke that there are boundless evens that I just can't.

Lustig has become its darling of late, and frankly, it doesn't surprise given the Thumper mentality now guiding all forum posting.

Solid weight loss advice and real science? Not to be found on MFP. It's all feels and woo.
    I'm not joking when I say, half the time I read Lusting on MFP, that Kirk voice is actually how I'm reading it in my head.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options

The pork loin and cauliflower I ate last night both had labels. I am so screwed.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

The pork loin and cauliflower I ate last night both had labels. I am so screwed.

Sorry to break it to you, but your body knows that food had a label and is unable to do anything with the calories except turn them to fat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dumb, dumb, dumb.

A calorie is a calorie does NOT mean broccoli is spaghetti is chicken, no matter how much they may wish to misrepresent it as such. No one thinks foods don't differ in numerous respects.

I think MFP has some kind of financial deal with Lustig's group, which is making me question my relationship with MFP, as I think Lustig is a disreputable type who has caused people to be scared of fruit.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I cringe pretty much every time I see any MFP blog post. I'm in no way surprised.

MFP blog is a total joke. Any time I see someone referencing it as a source, I facepalm so hard I break my nose.

I've become quite grotesque in the face as a result.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I cringe pretty much every time I see any MFP blog post. I'm in no way surprised.

MFP blog is a total joke. Any time I see someone referencing it as a source, I facepalm so hard I break my nose.

I've become quite grotesque in the face as a result.

1zvNM.gif
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

It seems you have to get used to it:
    https://youtu.be/RUsXIQrf4-I
  • senecarr
    Options

"Our body was designed to"...
    When doctors don't know evolution. Sigh.
  • senecarr
    Options
    Only the plus side, only ~4,000 views since August 28th.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Letting the Institute for Responsible Nutrition contribute blog entries when they are so full of crap only undermines any credibility MFP could ever have.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

the facebook page of the initiative claim 18.000 participants:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/137082833303847/
    but yeah, not a big success considering the numbers of MFP
  • senecarr
    Options

the facebook page of the initiative claim 18.000 participants:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/137082833303847/
    but yeah, not a big success considering the numbers of MFP
    18K participants is kind of sad. Small compared just to the FB likes MFP has (~1.3M), but still sad that 18K people want to listen to Lustig use the term "real food".
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I find that damn near 100% of MFP's featured blogs are either fluff or bullcrap. I got so sick of seeing them in my fb newsfeed (especially the same ones over and over and over) I "unliked" their page. I know. I'm such a passive-aggressive snot.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I now know the truth.....