Costco Cesar salads

Options
So I wanted to go get a Costco salad from the food area in front. How many calories are in those? I was told by my Co worker that there is like 300+ calories in the cup of Cesar dressing alone!?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    2 Tbl. of Newman's Creamy Caesar dressing is 150 calories. 2 Tbl. is the size of a coffee scoop....so 300 probably isn't very far off (1/4 Cup is more of a restaurant size).

What I do with restaurant stuff is look for equivalents. Have you had Mickey D's Caesar.....is their dressing light? Is it similar so you can use that entry? OR just log all the separate components.

I bring a Caesar salad to work at least once a week. I measure the cheese (that's calorie dense)....I measure croutons (can be high fat) .....I bring grilled chicken (3 oz. baggies) and measure Kraft Light Caesar dressing (40 calories for 2 Tbl.)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-other-menu-items-chicken-caesar-salad-with-dressing_f-ZmlkPTE3NTA4Mw.html

There's a lot of calories in one of those. It's really 2-3 servings in reality.