hi

Options
What's the best weight loss plan to lose 2 /3 pounds a week ??? Exercise and all . thanks

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    First, 2lbs a week is the recommended maximum weight loss - and that's only if you have quite a lot to lose. If you don't have much to lose, you shouldn't lose as fast.

Second, there's not really a "plan". Eat the amount of calories MFP gives you and if you want to exercise do what you enjoy. It's really that simple.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    What's the best weight loss plan to lose 2 /3 pounds a week ??? Exercise and all . thanks

That's an unrealistic goal. Eat less than you burn and set an appropriate goal.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Set the appropriate goal from above into MFP, and give MFP your height and weight.

Then weigh and log all the food you eat. Eat whatever you feel like eating but stay under your calorie limit, trying to get as close to the limit as possible without going over.

Do whatever exercise makes you happy, but make sure you eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories to fuel your body appropriately.

Do this, and you will lose weight sustainably and healthily. Best wishes!
  • starliacash30
    starliacash30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all . I have I have 78 more pounds to lose . I've lost 43 so far in 5 months.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all . I have I have 78 more pounds to lose . I've lost 43 so far in 5 months.
    You are doing very well. :) Make sure that you are eating enough protein and fats/ oils.
  • starliacash30
    starliacash30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have big jars of protein powder . I have a few bottles of fish oil tabs . and I eat fiber bars and oatmeal for fiber .I eat lots of fish , and chicken . thanks hun