Need some friends!

Options
Hey I'm new to MFP. Been counting calories for about 3 months now, but on here for only 3 days. it is much easier here. but It'd be nice to not go through it alone. :]
SW:294 CW:267 GW:190

Replies

• scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too just began counting calories here because of convenience. Congratulations on the progress as well! Anything is achievable with a little discipline and effort. I have gained and lost over 100lbs 3 times in my life...I have currently kept it off for over 5 years now. I know that weight loss can seem daunting sometimes, but its day by day, and lasting results come with time.
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • pepsi124
    pepsi124 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    scottver2 wrote: »
    Welcome! I too just began counting calories here because of convenience. Congratulations on the progress as well! Anything is achievable with a little discipline and effort. I have gained and lost over 100lbs 3 times in my life...I have currently kept it off for over 5 years now. I know that weight loss can seem daunting sometimes, but its day by day, and lasting results come with time.

3 times? what made you regain?
    I know, I've realized it takes consistency and patience. Before I thought I just needed to work out hard enough. I've ignored nutrition entirely until a few months ago. I accidentally bulked up 60 lbs last year because I ate whatever I wanted and worked out everyday. But now its different. I've made many attempts at losing weight but this is the only attempt that's working. It's crazy how I've only have been missing the calorie part all a long.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Great loss so far, good work!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Feel free to add me and I will help cheer you on. I am down 86 pounds using MFP. :)
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Check out the success stories section for motivation!! It helps me. I recommend taking some photos of yourself, so u can compare them later on, asap if u haven't already! It will help u stay motivated when u can see the AWESOME progress you're making!!! Feel free to add me.