Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • dkrebsbach
    dkrebsbach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looks right to me, mine regimen is almost exactly like yours. I walk 5-7 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week and ride a bike for 15 miles once a week. I don't use the burned calories to give me a reason to eat more. I am on 1200 calorie/day and try to stay as close to that as possible. Some days I get the message that I am not eating enough but I don't go to bed hungry so it must be ok.
    I say keep doing what works for you. I listen to Audio Books while walking, plus the area I live in has miles of walking/bike trails with lots of natural habitat so it is never boring. Plus the Audio Books sometimes makes me forget I've probably walked enough today.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    First off congrats on your loss so far! This is how i was until i got down to losing the last 20 lbs, working out a ton and eating pretty low calories and extremely successful. Once I got close to my goal the loss just slowed down and i began eating back my calories and then dropped the next 10 lbs like it was nothing and I felt great. I think it's just your body adjusting, and once it gets adjusted you just need to change it up. I fell off track for a while and tried eating more calories and working off a certain amount everyday and it didn't work for me. Do what works for your body, and when your body changes and you're not getting the same results, just adjust. Good Luck!
    After the new (to me) info about the fat release rate, I think I finally have a better understanding of the problem near goal. You can only release a little under 1% of energy stored in BF each day. When you have a bunch, that is still enough to provide for a pretty big deficit. When you get near goal and have less fat left, there isn't enough to do that and some wonky things can happen. People come up with some interesting theories about this wonkiness and then assume they apply to everyone at all phases of loss. But this is just my wonky theory... :bigsmile: