25 days in and.....

Options
so I've been back on MFP for just about 25 days now. It's set for 1.5lb weight loss a week, I walk over 11k steps a day, lift 2-3 days a week and I've supposedly GAINED almost three pounds. It's not just fluctuation, it's been a steady increase since I've started and it's NOT muscle gain. I don't want to hear that. It would take a professional body builder months to achieve a 3lb muscle weight gain.

My diet could be better, but in the past as long as I stayed within my calories ive never had an issue losing weight. I'm not giving up, but any macro tips or any other words of encouragement and advice would be great! Thanks for letting me vent, MFP fam.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If you are sure it's a steady gain of body fat, then you are consuming a surplus of calories.

If you are sure it's a steady gain of body fat, then in 25 days you have consumed a surplus of circa 10,500 calories.

If you are sure it's a steady gain of body fat, then no macro tips will help, it's a calorie issue.

In reality you probably haven't gained nearly 3lbs of body fat in 25 days, it is a fluctuation, or a water issue, or a scale issue, or any other of the issues that mask true weight.

Continue to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your consumption? Food scale? Can you open your diary?