Thrive

Options
Who is using Thrive to help meet your goals? I started today, and I am excited!

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Eating food works much better.

Wasting money on useless scams sucks.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Thrive. From what I have read it sounds like any other MLM scheme out there that takes your money and does not really work. I also worry about what is exactly in the "capsules" since they are not regulated. Anything that promises great results in a little amount of time is fishy!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm a very empathetic and compassionate person, but as people here know, I can also be bluntly honest. It's meant in a supportive Aunt WBB kind of way:

If you were someone I loved, I'd sit you down, look you in the eyes, take your hand and firmly tell you that you don't need expensive supplements to lose weight.

I take melatonin on occasion. Fiber supplements when needed. Drink protein shakes some days. So I'm not saying I'm against these things. But I can tell you this: I know what these substances are and have done research to make sure I'm not doing my body harm.

Do you know what you're taking?

Maybe you do, and I'm just being overly patronizing. But many people who post about supplements are hoping for a magic wand. That's not what these things often are. They're overly priced, mostly junk, and some can potentially harm you. I don't have experience with Thrive, but 10s on their website tells me A LOT.

You don't need to spend money to lose weight. Return them. Get your money back. Start tracking your intake and eating at a deficit if you want to lose weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit and save your money?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its a mlm scam. Its junk snake oil products .

You don't need mlm junk to lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit . eat less then you burn. Its that simple.

Think about it, if these mlm products really worked then why would we all be on here counting calories ? If there was an easy way out, we would've taken it but there's not. Hard work is needed. There's no easy way out.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Nice article. Very rational and level headed.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Here's a story for those who are considering throwing your money away on mlm products that sell a false hope with no results-

I used to have an instagram acct where I would post pics of my weight loss progress . well what I quickly found out was that these mlm sales people troll instagram looking for peoples before and after pics . they screen shot the images, then post them on their site saying the person lost weight by using their products. ( these people usually don't even know their photos are being used and most have never even used mlm product ever . their pics where stolen and used by these sales people to try to sell products ) they will say and do anything to try to sell people these junk products.
    After I found that some of my pictures where being used by these mlm sales people , I installed an app that put my name across the image so nobody could use them and claim them as their own. I was then contacted by a " coach" who asked if they could purchase my images and they would pay me to write a testimonial about how I used their products to achieve the body I had. ( I've never used that junk ever )
    I instantly told her no way and that I felt like deceiving naïve people is an awful way to make money. I deleted my instagram acct after that.
    But it shows how low these people will stoop to try to push these products.
    If these products really worked then why would they need to steal pictures and pay people for fake testimonies?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Yep!
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its a mlm scam. Its junk snake oil products .

You don't need mlm junk to lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficit . eat less then you burn. Its that simple.

Think about it, if these mlm products really worked then why would we all be on here counting calories ? If there was an easy way out, we would've taken it but there's not. Hard work is needed. There's no easy way out.

And what she said.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Here's a story for those who are considering throwing your money away on mlm products that sell a false hope with no results-

I used to have an instagram acct where I would post pics of my weight loss progress . well what I quickly found out was that these mlm sales people troll instagram looking for peoples before and after pics . they screen shot the images, then post them on their site saying the person lost weight by using their products. ( these people usually don't even know their photos are being used and most have never even used mlm product ever . their pics where stolen and used by these sales people to try to sell products ) they will say and do anything to try to sell people these junk products.
    After I found that some of my pictures where being used by these mlm sales people , I installed an app that put my name across the image so nobody could use them and claim them as their own. I was then contacted by a " coach" who asked if they could purchase my images and they would pay me to write a testimonial about how I used their products to achieve the body I had. ( I've never used that junk ever )
    I instantly told her no way and that I felt like deceiving naïve people is an awful way to make money. I deleted my instagram acct after that.
    If these products really worked then why would they need to steal pictures and pay people for fake testimonies?

Forgot to add, the lady who contacted had a website full of " before and after " pix, likely all stolen or fake. So this was not an isolated incident, these people troll all day looking for ways to scam people . stay far away from any mlm company.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Forgot to add, the lady who contacted had a website full of " before and after " pix, likely all stolen or fake. So this was not an isolated incident, these people troll all day looking for ways to scam people . stay far away from any mlm company.

Very shady. Ugh.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Too simple, effective and straightforward.

Save your money OP and learn the habits that will help you understand how to lose weight and gain fitness for life.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Thrive is not a long term plan! After you get to your goal, what are going to do? You did not learn to count calories properly so maintenance will be very difficult.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you seem to have already bought this, but I hope you will not take it anyway - just throw it away like the garbage that it is. Not only is it a weight-loss scam, but you have no idea how much caffeine you are taking (until you start to feel jittery or your heart starts to palpitate), and it also contains synephrine, which is another stimulant drug. Making your heart race when you are at rest does not burn calories - it just stresses your heart. Please don't take this or recommend it to others.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options

...and this is why I'm glad I'm too shy to upload any before/ after weight loss images of myself. What a disgraceful practice.