hi

Options
So I want to start working out 2 hours a day . is that good or bad ??
Should I break that into one hour twice a day ?
Or 2 hours none stop ???

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "working out"
  • starliacash30
    starliacash30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do tae bo for an hour . I want to do 2 hours a day . but I don't know if I should do it 2 hours straight or in increments of 2 separately
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    7 days a week? That's likely loo much...

If you're trying to lose weight then I wouldn't recommend more than 5-6 hours/week of weight lifting and 1-2hours a week of cardio. Not sure what categorie tae bo fits in, but 14 hours of it a week is probably going to be too hard on your body, especially if you're eating in a deficit.
  • starliacash30
    Options
    OK . tae bo is a kick boxing work out .high intensity .

1000 ,1200 calorie a day diet

And 1 hour of tae bo / kick boxing

I want to do 2 hours a day ?? 5/ 6 days a week
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    I would stick to 5-6 days a week and no more than 1 hour each day. Also make sure to eat enough to fuel your workouts, which is definitely more than you're eating now....

That's just my advice, take it or leave it.
  • starliacash30
    Options
    I will take the advice . I was just scared of gaining the 43 pounds back . and should I workout at night about 9 ? I showed better results working out at that time
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time of day you work out. If 9 works for your schedule and you have the energy then go for it.
  • starliacash30
    Options
    So I also drink whey protein shakes and fish oil tabs . the fish oil tabs makes me sleepy ??

And someone told me I should do a meal replacement with protein shakes
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Not sure about fish oil making you sleepy, that doesn't make much sense to me.

You should always eat real food over whey protein or meal replacement shakes when you are able to.