Lose weight with weight lifting?

Options
Is there anyone here who has started out overweight and started with weight lifting and had success? If so what did you do? My husband is doing body beast and I was thinking of doing it with him... but I have a lot of weight to lose. I've always been scared to lift weights because of the gain on the scale so I've stuck to pretty much just cardio. I know I've seen tons of stories where people have toned with weights but most of them were already at a decent weight. Anyone start out with 100+ lbs to loose and lift in the beginning and lose their weight also?? Thanks!

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Alternating Weight lifting and high intensity interval train as your exercise. They are two that keep your metabolism review long after you stop. Also because hit is done for such a short time it's easier on your joints. If eating a deficit you will loose. Some here wish they had started with weights immediately.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I did this while lifting in a deficit. 160 something to 130.

Not sure about body beast, isn't that mostly kind of cardio? I did heavy lifting programs: Wendler's 5/3/1, PHUL, Stronglifts 5x5.

l2lo4h4ktrgv.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!