No weight loss for 13 days

Options
2»

Replies

• Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just went 13 days not losing and then lost four pounds in three days. Just be patient.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It can be frustrating at times! I was stuck at 211lbs for about 3 weeks and felt like I was never going I drop anymore! All of a sudden it started again, and I'm at 195 now.

No idea what happened as I wasn't doing anything differently. Just my body wanted to annoy me I guess!

Just keep doing what you're doing and it will start up again I suspect!
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Everyone is helping me get through this. Thank you
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    yraj1xuotdks.png

Here is my most recent weight stall. It took 2 weeks to really pass 192lb (the 2nd time I've had a 2-week stall). Things like Trendweight and knowing that I'm accurately logging help, but it is still very frustrating. Just keep going and you'll eventually see the results you want. The week or so following a stall is pretty exciting though as the weight just drops off.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale OP ?
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything in the last 16 weeks, although I've upped my exercise to 130 miles a week on a bike, today is the day I kickstart my weight loss by reducing exercise and therefore being able to reduce calories.
  • Fayelle1
    Fayelle1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This thread is encouraging; hearing that many of you have been stuck. You are all still here and you just worked through it. The scale is stuck right before onderland...I had such great hopes that I would be under 200 for our anniversary. After reading these comments, I know I must persist.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Rhyalus wrote: »
    Take a break from exercise... I tend to lose weight after a break as you will lose water when you give yourself a break.

R
    Taking a break from exercise s never the answer.

I disagree with this in that your body does need time to heal and recover, otherwise you leave yourself open to injury. But that also depends on intensity and for how long.

As for OP, I'd suggest patience. And if you haven't already, consider purchasing a food scale and begin weighing your food for accuracy.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    I haven't lost anything in the last 16 weeks, although I've upped my exercise to 130 miles a week on a bike, today is the day I kickstart my weight loss by reducing exercise and therefore being able to reduce calories.

Hi Andy,

If you haven't lost any weight in 16 weeks, you are eating at maintenance. Otherwise, you would be losing weight. Even if you decrease exercise and calories both, you have to make sure that you are eating your net calories in a deficit, or you will not lose weight.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    andysport1 wrote: »

Hi Andy,

If you haven't lost any weight in 16 weeks, you are eating at maintenance. Otherwise, you would be losing weight. Even if you decrease exercise and calories both, you have to make sure that you are eating your net calories in a deficit, or you will not lose weight.

Huge increase in exercise level so food intake needed to keep up and to aid muscle recovery, wasn't concerned at all that I wasn't losing, my aim was to maintain whilst increasing exercise, now that my fitness has improved I intend to reduce intensity and therefore reduce the strain on my muscles as a result I can now afford to be in deficit, prior to the last 4 months my efforts produced a 21lb drop, I am confident the weight will drop again, so the next 4 months goal is another 21lb which is pretty ambitious as 1. It gets harder as you get lighter 2. We have Christmas in the way.