Floridian buddies?

Options
Hello everyone, I jointed my fitnesspal some time ago, but haven't been faithful at posting, etc. I just got word that I have high cholesterol and I need to get serious. I would love to hear from all of you and need encouragement to eat right, exercise and get over 70+ pounds off..ugh....seems so overwhelming.

Anyone in the Tampa Bay, Florida area?

Replies

• antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    Clearwater! best part of tampa bay =]
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm from the Naples area. I, too, have problems keeping consistant. The older I get -- the harder it is... I keep gaining! I'll add you as "a friend" --- maybe we can keep each other motivated. What are you doing for your exercise routines? I'm using a treadclimber and adding resistance training. Good luck with your journey....
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Orlando here!! I have set myfitnesspall to be in my opening tabs now when I start up my computer in the mornings. It makes it so much easier to remember to log my food if I sit down and see the name on my screen. I also noticed I check it more often to offer encouragement and motivation to others. Sometimes, I just need the motivation too. :flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm in Sarasota! Nice to meet you. :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Just set small goals for yourself instead of being overwhelmed by the whole 70 lbs. My goal is 10% wt loss every 3 months. I started out needing to lose a minimum of 150lbs(talk about overwhelming...yikes) but setting the small goals has really worked for me. you can do this:smile:
  • Jessifer123
    Jessifer123 Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm in Hernando (like and hour north of Tampa)...feel free to add me too, I could use the motivation right about now =)
  • suzannehmngbrd
    suzannehmngbrd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is 2.11.12 and I have been busy. Started the 17 day diet on 10.21.11 and have lost 40 pounds. I love this diet and would recommend it. I still have at least 40 more pounds to lose, but I have gone down at least 3 sizes and have to rid myself of some clothes. Please contact me for more information and I would love to hear back from all of you. Key ingredient: Have a diet and/or exercise buddy. My daughter-in-law and I started together and she has also lost 30 pounds. Just do it guys!