A 20 year journey...Ask me anything you want..Photos included...

Options
Sam101my
Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
I think I have FINALLY figured out how to maintain my health..Lifting, cardio, Krav Maga, and a complete lifestyle change in eating. I have finally made it...

Replies

• Sam101my
    Options
  • Sam101my
    Options
  • Sam101my
    Options
  • Sam101my
    Options
    a7pl9uiewnwg.jpg
  • Sam101my
    Options
    aajjvpelp0gt.jpg
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats to you!! :smiley:
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    well done!.And yes you look great. Can i ask you, how long have you been lifting weights for? And how long was your last bout of weightloss? I can say my journey has been 35 years but its been off and on so i'm curious about the questions above?

And how much time do you spend on exercise each day?
  • Sam101my
    Options
    I have been lifting on and off for 10 years. Honestly, the last 2 years I have gotten serious. I lost 80 pounds about 15 years ago, gained some back, and recently lost 35 pounds since last Oct. It feels different this time. I feel as though I will keep it off for good. I lift weights 3-4 times a week, do cardio of some sort 6 times a week, and train in Krav Maga twice a week for 3 hours at a time. Each day, I average about 1.5 hours (except the days I do Krav Maga).
  • Chessie28804
    Chessie28804 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! congrats!!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Well done! You're very inspiring!
  • MandyCanDo
    MandyCanDo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    At age 47, I am recommitting to my health for a multitude of reasons-the most important being my new career is physically demanding and I want to be able to succeed for a long time. I am just curious if you have any advice for those days when things don't seem to be moving in the right direction and I feel like it may never happen. You look amazing BTW and thank you for sharing your story
  • Sam101my
    Options
    I always think..There is always tomorrow and nothing is going to happen overnight. If you eat well and stay active, it will happen. It just takes longer for some. It took me 20 years to be where I am now. On those days, I take a deep breath and know that there will be tomorrow. I stayed confident that I would one day be healthy. It. Will. Happen. I promise.
  • MandyCanDo
    MandyCanDo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's true
  • yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • BarbMessimer
    BarbMessimer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me!
  • Sam101my
    Options
    :)
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Woweeeee you look fabulous, healthy and happy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!