Need serious help maintaining..

Options
I finally hit my ultimate goal weight of 125. I am having a hard time maintaining 125-128, which is what I would like to do. I now weigh 122 and do not want to go down anymore. Tips, suggestions?? Need some serious advice..125 is what I should be.

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Are you still logging your food?
    If you are still losing then you are still in a deficit. How long did it take you to go from 125 to 122?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Change your setting to maintenance
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Depending on your body, you may "weigh" more than the number you've decided you should be. You may naturally store more glycogen and water, even if your fat levels are where you want them.
    I imagine just like weight loss not being linear, maintenance isn't a flat line. There will still be bumps, jumps, and dips. It's just the way our bodies work.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Eat more! It's no more complex than that.

Is there a reason you can't have slightly larger portions or an extra snack every day to get your calories up?
  • Sam101my
    Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not very long..Just 2 or 3 weeks!

• Sam101my
    Options
    I have..It seems like so many calories to consume..

• Sam101my
    Options
    I have changed to maintenance and started to up my calories..This is hard to do!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sam101my wrote: »
    I have changed to maintenance and started to up my calories..This is hard to do!!

Eat whole fat dairy, peanut butter, avocados and ice cream.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Eat whole fat dairy, peanut butter, avocados and ice cream.

^^ this and/or increase portion sizes slightly
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the "it's hard to eat more" thing. If that were the case, we would have never gotten overweight in the first place. Seriously, eat more. Increase your portions or eat higher calorie foods. I have no trouble eating at maintenance and my maintenance is around 2500-2600. Looking back, I have no idea how I survived on so few calories when I was losing weight.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    In your profile, you say that your goal is to "build lots of muscle". You can't do that at a calorie deficit. If you find yourself struggling to eat more, or worried that you will gain again - remind yourself of your goal to build muscles. Eat a little more, and work on conditioning your muscles so that what you gain is more muscle than fat.

I don't know a lot about bulk/cut cycles, but there are tons of people in the gain weight forum that would be glad to help you out.

If you meant you meant to strengthen your muscles, your diet is still very important. You need to get enough food to fuel your body, especially protein. It's good that you changed your MFP settings, now you just need to change your mindset. Calories are not bad!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    I just don't get the "it's hard to eat more" thing. If that were the case, we would have never gotten overweight in the first place. Seriously, eat more. Increase your portions or eat higher calorie foods. I have no trouble eating at maintenance and my maintenance is around 2500-2600. Looking back, I have no idea how I survived on so few calories when I was losing weight.

I think it's mental. After restricting calories for so long and getting used to smaller portions, more calories just seems like too much to handle. My appetite isn't as large as it used to be; I eat 1200 now, and 2000 seems like terribly so much. Just as eating in excess was once a habit, eating at a restriction is a habit that will have to be broken for successful maintenance.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Eat more high calorie foods so that you don't have to feel stuffed. Foods such as more seeds and nuts, avocado, more olive oil in your cooking. Its not that hard and you will enjoy your food more.

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Two slices of toast with a little butter and a glass of milk or orange juice is 500 calories. It is not hard to do. Add butter, oil or peanut butter to things. Eat a handful of cashews or a few figs. Fat is your friend.