What is something you're looking forward to as you drop weight?

Options

Replies

• courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    Clothes for sure; second hand shops tend to not stock larger sizes (do people not donate?). Being more active over-all and feeling a lot more confident and strong!

I spent a lot of money on plus size clothes. Bigger people really get punished by higher prices. So I wore them until they were unusable. I suspect that's much the same for many people who buy the bigger sizes and the reason there isn't a lot to be found in thrift stores.
  • joeyana7
    joeyana7 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feeling lighter and healthier. And clothes just seem to lay better. And old jeans seem to fit better. Overall feeling more confident too hehe
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Since I'm down to my last few pounds, I'm actually looking forward to a bulk/gaining. Never thought I'd say THAT.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to being lighter than my boyfriend - feels like the way it should be. Actually I recently kind of hit this goal but he's been saying he'd like to drop 10lbs so I won't feel securely smaller til I drop 10 more too to stay ahead of him lol.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Nicer clothes, confidence, and hopefully a girlfriend lol
    <3 I hope 5hat for you love:)

• Acw08338
    Acw08338 Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    More energy. Right now I am easily drained. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108878-get-fit-get-happy
  • LuckyLys
    LuckyLys Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone seems to be on a clothes consensus here! Especially @ditsyblond17, hello $3 rack.

@jaqcan - I've never really thought about my shadow before. But technically something is eclipsing the sun everytime there's a shadow! Lol! But I get your meaning.

I can remember the last time I worked out for a few months 4X/week for 1 hr (was taking classes), I could feel the difference in my clothes. I'm looking forward to that feeling again!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I seriously can't stand myself naked right now, don't care if someone else is fine with it, if I'm not, it's going to bug me. So yeah. Looking forward to being happy naked.

(That was the censored version of what I originally typed!)
  • LuckyLys
    LuckyLys Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Azuriaz - totally get that. If you don't feel comfortable, all the compliments in the world aren't going to change that emotion for you. I want to get there too!
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to NOT getting lectured by my dad every week about my weight.

Also the clothes things. You would think with how much extra they charge for plus size, the clothes would at least be made to last... @nyponbell I believe the reason you cannot find clothes second hand is because the plus-size clothing options are crap quality.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Amusement parks
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    More energy, better health, and being able to buy cheaper clothes! I can never get anything on a clearance rack because I'm the most common size at the moment ( AUS 16). Next size down I'm always seeing cheap underwear - and if I can pay $7 for a bra that's normally $30, I will take that every time.
    Not feeling so self concious would be great - my husband will benefit from that kind of change as well!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    More energy!
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It used to be the clothes. And I'm still looking forward to that shopping spree at the end of all this, but since I've had my daughter, it's the energy. I need to keep up. I tire out way to quickly to even feel like her mom sometimes.

That's the one that has made me stick with it too. :)
  • HIIT_MAN
    HIIT_MAN Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to rock climb. I hike alot now to get my cardio in and i see so many things to climb If only I just drop a few more pounds.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amusement parks for sure, flying overseas without the fear of not fitting a seatbelt and really enjoying Summer =) I'm looking forward to being able to do more thrill seeking things too that I always felt too uncomfortable to partake in.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I seriously can't stand myself naked right now, don't care if someone else is fine with it, if I'm not, it's going to bug me. So yeah. Looking forward to being happy naked.

I look forward to the point where my saggy old lady skin tightens.... Please please let there be a time without surgery (which is NOT an option) when I don't see elephant skin on my legs when I look in a full length mirror... I can live with the bat wings...I think. :/

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »

I look forward to the point where my saggy old lady skin tightens.... Please please let there be a time without surgery (which is NOT an option) when I don't see elephant skin on my legs when I look in a full length mirror... I can live with the bat wings...I think. :/

I was closer to goal weight last year than this year, if it helps, I do remember my inner thighs looking a lot better. I'll never look 18 again for sure, and unless I win the lottery I won't be getting surgery either, but being thinner helps. One of the distressing things about bouncing back up the scale over the past year has been my thighs!

Oh, and filling that space that had the fat back up with muscle from riding my bike and running helped, too!

• Shandazzle
    Shandazzle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wearing cute clothes again
  • farminguitarist
    farminguitarist Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Being confident, healthy, being able to run around with my step daughter without being red in the face ha. Hopefully being healthy and fit when the time comes to have my own little ones :). Also being confident in bed for my man :)