I DID IT!!!

Options
sorry for shouting but this morning is amazing I have lost over 40lbs and am now moving to maintaining.

Funnily enough this is great but the really great part is how I FEEL and its not about the way I look it is the way I ran upstairs today without using the banisters..I had to have a second hand rail installed 18 months ago because I couldnt get up the stairs without pulling myself due to my back problem and the extra weight was making that a lot worse of course.

I feel so much younger and fit and bouncy and when I walk I feel there is a kind of spring in it that was never there before.

The biggest change in how fit I feel arrived just a few weeks ago and I can hardly beleive that the old aching painful joints person I was is not how I have to be for the rest of my life

I am 53 and I just thought my age was responsible for feeling sluggish tired and with pain in joints etc now all of a sudden I have got a new body that works without hurting

moving to maintainance today and wanted to share this with you folks ... it is so WORTH IT all the dieting and being careful really does pay off

Good luck everyone XXXXX

Replies

• minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am so pleased for you. It's great that you have found all these extra benefits to losing weight. If I'm honest I think I started out to lose weight due to vanity, but soon found out its so much more about my health and fitness and how I feel and I feel I've achieved more by doing a great workout than by losing a pound! Hope you do as well in maintenance as you have so far. CONGRATULATIONS.
  • Bebejuice
    Bebejuice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I wish there was a "like" button here. Keep up the great work! Always be kind to your body and your body will be kind to you. ;)
  • 123juliaj123
    123juliaj123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks to both of you Im turning my sights to maintaining now, I do not want to feel so tired and unfit again until Im maybe 90 or so :)
  • sparkle1944
    sparkle1944 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done...I am just starting so full of joint and hip pain...you story has inspired me to give it a go when all else has failed...well done again x
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Bravo Julia! Bravo!
  • marybeth062
    marybeth062 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's what it's all about. Enjoy the new, improved version of you.
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Way to go!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Yay! Awesome!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go -- good job! ;)
  • Arieskathy
    Arieskathy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done you I really hope I have the success you have had. Enjoy the fit new you
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration
  • tonee7000
    tonee7000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    That is awesome ....Congrats :smile:
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOW!! So very happy for your success! Thanks for sharing it with us--very inspirational. I look forward to my future success in the same way!
  • Swrb1078
    Swrb1078 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing story...Good Luck with your success in maintaining
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!