Potheads & Working out?

Options
DRico1989
DRico1989 Posts: 14 Member
Btw idc if you're against Marijuana! It helps me be a better and more understanding person. And yes happy too!! So keep your negative comments. js.

Have a great day and if you like to smoke too add me. <3

Replies

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Lol! I don't smoke but I do think this post is a very interesting one. Good luck on your journey <3
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I smoke almost daily, but don't like to be high when I work out. I just don't think it makes for the best performance possible.

Plus I like to enjoy the high from the work out; it's really pleasurable and unique on its own.
  • DRico1989
    Options
    I smoke as we have it which is about every other day.. But if I do have it and I'm about to work out, I'll definitely smoke. It helps relax me enough to where I'm not in chronic pain the whole time I'm exercise. I have a slipped disc and scoliosis.
  • emhunter
    Options
    What sort of workouts do you do?
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't smoke it in the middle of squats. That could result in tragedy.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not a smoker, just curious. How do you keep the munchies under control when you smoke?
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've only tried it a few times, just wasn't my thing. I'd much rather have a few drinks. Personal choice.

But similarly, anything more than 3 drinks and I have a hard time controlling the munchies. Just think something with a known appetite stimulant would make that even more difficult. Makes sense why you limit it.
  • emhunter
    Options
    Really good question about the munchies! I'm intrigued!
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I read a lot about running high - some people swear by it. So I have tried it a couple times myself. It's cool for a long run but not a fast run. The only thing is I have to smoke like the second before I walk out the door - sneakers tied and everything - otherwise I get too distracted getting ready and go off on a tangent lol. But if you do it just right it makes for a great long meditative observant run - like you could keep going forever.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »
    I've only tried it a few times, just wasn't my thing. I'd much rather have a few drinks. Personal choice.

But similarly, anything more than 3 drinks and I have a hard time controlling the munchies. Just think something with a known appetite stimulant would make that even more difficult. Makes sense why you limit it.
    Omg, alcohol munchies faaaaar surpass weed munchies in my experience. I have zero food control after even just two or three drinks. Seriously ridiculous.

• carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that ever working for me personally. Back when I used to smoke, I would just melt onto the nearest horizontal surface and not move unless nature called or needed food. Flatmate used to clean and get things done when she smoked, it was completely odd to me.
    We would sometimes go for walks, but it was usually an odd meandering stroll with no real goal and hills were not welcome.
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I myself quit many years ago however I dedicate this pic to you :joy:1g6xhhybm2al.jpg
  • DRico1989
    Options
    If you smoke about a hour after your body is actually awake it's easier to get up and get things done. On the weekend my hubby and I will get up in morning eat breakfast smoke then clean our entire house then go out for our walk (we only get one day together). But we do a lot and feel good while doing it. And before working out I use the same routine of being awake before I smoke then I'll turn some music on and get to it.. I'm more focused and my joints aren't so sore while I'm working out. I guess to me it's really mind over matter. And I don't get the munchies so much. Everyone different.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Tried it once. Got on the treadmill for half an hour. I looked at the display and only 2 minutes had passed! I did the math and realized that to get my 30 minutes in it was going to take 7 1/2 hours! I don't have time for that :D
  • DRico1989
    Options
    Btw thanks for all the feedback it's interesting to see everyone questions, thoughts, and experience. I'll try to respond as much as I can, I am a busy person. Btw my husband is a roofer him and the rest of the crew stay high all day and they get work done!!
  • DRico1989
    Options
    Lmao. 257_Lag. Like I said everyone is different. :p
  • fitcurves6693
    fitcurves6693 Posts: 3,401 Member
    Options
    I only do it post work out. I am still maintaining weight even with giving into the munchies. Just keep healthy snacks on hand :)
  • DRico1989
    Options
    Man I smoked the last of mine today before and during my work out and no II didn't stop just grabbed my pipe and lit up. I had the best work out thus far.
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    LOL! I smoke. everyday. if I didn't, I would probably never work out. I have Lyme disease and my joints are aching often. weed is the only thing I've found to help at this point. it makes no difference if I smoke before I work out or not(though I usually don't because I work out during the day, often at work), it doesn't make me lag in any way. oh, and I don't have munchie issues at all. I agree with whoever said alcohol munchies are wayyy worse!
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I feel like smoking weed raises my heartrate so I'm kind of afraid I'll have a heart attack if I work out right after I smoke.