Do you count your Job?

Now, I keep hearing that you can count work to your calories but it is a quite high frequency work,
Depending on the day.
I could skip counting the days on our slow days, but running around all day playing with cars (mechanic) is quite some tier some. And honestly I barely get around to do weights. I did it maybe twice last week.
I'm starting to look better and feel. But the motivation and the strive to stick to it likes to play fast and loose(considering I'm up most nights with 1 toddler of the other).

But really the question is.
I'm a mechanic, or try into be currently just a tire tech. But if you'd count the day to you work out, in like the rush season would you count these, how would you count these. (My pockets are pretty shallow, sometime the look like bunny ears so no fancy devices.I know there's a monitor that would probably do this the easy way) but I'm stuck with a little guess work. It's not been to bad on me so far.

Second question, after a long work week do you squeeze work outs in on sat/sun or do you rest up for the week ahead?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Good question :)

Personally - if it were me - I wouldn't count those calories as 'earned' calories purely because the amount would be very hard to determine without some kind of pedometer involved. I'd be hesitant to guess how much calories I had burned and therefore earned as exercise. That's not to say that you're not getting a good work-out at work - you probably are! But again if it were me, I'd count those gym sessions.

I work full time Monday-Friday (8 hours per day) and I head to the gym four times a week straight from work. I also fit one gym session in at the weekend. I figure it's one hour of my entire day - I can definitely give myself that. It's personal preference about how often and what days you work out. I'd say whatever suits your lifestyle.
  • tcabeza
    tcabeza Posts: 6 Member
    I've been adding my job off and on for a few times. I have been classifying it as working out at home for about 1 1/2 hours. I am going up and down stairs everyday and picking up heavy boxes. I think that should count for something.