Weight loss slowing down

Options
Hey fellow losers!
So, it's very easy to lose weight at the beginning (at least it was for me). At what point in your own weight loss journey did you see it start to slow down (if at all)? I'm going into my fourth month of losing and am 30 pounds down. At the beginning the weight just disappeared. It was pretty amazing! I have noticed recently, however, that, while I have not exactly plateaued (I don't think, anyway), I haven't lost more than 2 pounds in 3 weeks. I am at the 1 pound loss per week setting, so perhaps this is to be expected (and perhaps I was losing too quickly beforehand), but I still have 40 pounds to go and, yes silly me, was hoping to get a bit lower before the slowdown.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    What you are describing is common. I think as long as you are still losing than I would not worry. Our bodies are smart and are made to keep us alive so the body adapts to your efforts and the weight loss slows.

But yes, if you cannot stand the slow loss, you can try to eat even less and workout even more but that may not be what you want and it will be hard to sustain.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mine got very slow right when I hit the healthy weight range for my height. I need to log so accurately to see any change on the scale now.
  • vilmaes
    vilmaes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a 55-year-old woman and I've lost 115 lbs. (so far). When I started my weight-loss program over 2 years ago, I was facing having to lose 130 to 150 lbs. - the equivalent of an entire human being! Talk about daunting. I joined Weight Watchers and lost 50 lbs. in about 7 months. Then I got completely stuck on a plateau that would last 16 months!!!! During that plateau, I gained and lost the same 15 lbs. over and over again. At that point, everything turned around for me. I cancelled Weight Watchers, started using MyFitnessPal, and had to modify what I was eating and change my exercise program. I started losing weight so fast that I couldn't keep clothes in my closet for long. People who knew me as a 300-lb. woman flock to me these days wanting to know what I did. Many have insisted I create a blog about my journey and I finally did. If you're interested, here's my blog: http://blossomingvilma.blogspot.com/ Perhaps something I learned along the way might help you succeed, too. Good luck!