TMJ Pain

Options
Hello does anyone suffer from TMJ pain? If so, what do you do for pain management and just dealing day go day? Do you have dizzy spells, and limb weakness?

Replies

• Mar22ie
    Mar22ie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That probably sounded like I was selling something. No, just in a lot of pain and it has affected my workouts. Looking to see what others have done.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes I had TMJ. Managed pain with Tylenol 3 and anger LOL. Finally got corrected with a good custom mouth guard. However I wasn't working out at the time. I would just suggest you try to do exercises that at least don't aggravate it. I wish you the best of luck. I fully empathize with your pain.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    If you are having that much trouble with it, see a doctor.
    i don't have pain unless i get locked up. and then "unlocking" can lead to stars.
    I use ibprofen for now
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    For sure go see a doctor/dentist, if you can possibly do so.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    After driving my doctor crazy trying to find the cause of my TMJ I decided it was stress in my case.

It left in three days after I got in the old motorhome with the son and daughter that were about to turn 14 in a few days and took a 31 day/8000 trip all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

When it comes back I just do some "self talk" and it goes away.

YES I know for some TMJ is not that simple. I was 60 at that time. I think I was grinding my teeth due to a lot of stress. Living with two teenagers in a box for a month took my mind off of my other stress points. :)