Can't get motivated

Jenna714
Jenna714 Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Last year I worked really hard and only lost about 8 pounds, I kind of gave up over the holidays and gained a few of those back, I really want to be motivated to keep working towards my goal but it seems that even when I work hard it doesn't really pay off...any suggestions?

Replies

• Jenna714
    Last year I worked really hard and only lost about 8 pounds, I kind of gave up over the holidays and gained a few of those back, I really want to be motivated to keep working towards my goal but it seems that even when I work hard it doesn't really pay off...any suggestions?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Jenna,

Welcome! :smile:

What are you doing specifically to lose weight? There's so much good information here and so many smart people that I'm sure you'll find the answers you need.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    This is a great place to start! Stay within your nutritional guidelines and get in your exercise and hopefully you will see results soon!!!
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    First of all, having someone to be accountable to is working for me! I would try to lose for a week or two and then give up. If I can stay motivated for over 25 weeks anyone can. I joined a local health club and got a personal trainer that I saw once a week. If that is not an option try a friend that you have to check in with and tell them what you ate, etc.

Good weight loss tricks: Grapefruit (1/2) with 2-3 meals a day
    drink green tea several times a day
    portions control (fill up with water and the grapefruit and that will help control how much you eat)
    while exercising spend a couple minutes visualizing yourself how you want to look (be realistic)

I have lost 29 pounds and I have about 15 more to go.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Well, the best thing to help you get motivated (in my experience) is to start with tiny goals.

First goal i had was to plan out a healthy breakfast - and follow through with eating exactly what I wanted. Sounds mundane right? But if you eat 3 meals a day.. thats 1/3rd of of your planning for the day. If its nice and nutritional and you eat a similar breakfast every morning... you know you can do at least 1/3rd of the required work. Thats a pretty huge step!

Have a big goal, but set yourself a TON of tiny little goals. They may not mean a lot now, but it gives you something to keep your chin up and drive you forward. Plus each one will give you a boost of self confidence, and a feeling like, "I can do this!"

If you want to lose say, 20 or 30 lbs, set yourself an interim goal of 5 lbs. When you hit it, treat yourself out to a night on the town... buy yourself some freeweights, buy some new clothes, get a gym membership, go out clubbing. Its your hard work that got you there and you deserve to spoil yourself (in a healthy way)!

Don't get discouraged. You can do it.
  • Jenna714
    Thanx everyone, I know I can do it and with all this support, I really think it will make all the difference.
This discussion has been closed.