43 and Post menopausal: Need help with weight loss

Options
I recently came back to Fitness Pal. I am 43 years old and went to the doctor in May because of an increase in weight, afternoon exhaustion, and a feeling like I had a "fuzzy brain" in the afternoon. Well... it appears that I am post menapausal. I am 5 foot tall and about 7 years ago I was 150 pounds. Through Weight Watchers I lost 40 pounds. I am now at 134 and not real happy with how I feel. My delimma is that it appears it is almost impossible to loose weight in menapause. I am searching for a support group to help with this. I am currently going to a trainer to assist with keeping my bone strength but would love to hear from others about their successes during menopause.

Replies

• eionsmom
    eionsmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I haven't figured out what exactly is going on with my hormones, but losing weight is difficult! I'm also an emotional eater which with all these mood swings, well...need I say more? Lol
  • southjj2u
    southjj2u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there me too lost 53 lbs 2.to3 years ago and gained twenty back partially due to.menopause and quiting smoking going to try to start for real my new diet tomorrow with the goal of losimg 20 lbs
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success so far - Be proud of yourself, you've worked hard.
    Stay strong!