Change...I don't have an option

Hello,
I'm new here. I have always struggled with weight and self image/esteem. I will admit I let my life and habits get out of control. I used to just laugh it off. Now I'm staring at my mid thirties and over 50lbs overweight. This summer my father was diagnosed with cancer. He is 70 but looks 45. Fantastic shape. If it happened to him, it will definitely happen to me. Then shortly after that my 3 year old son started crying thinking about mommy or daddy being gone forever. It hit me like a damn brick wall. So here I am. doing everything I can do to get healthy for me, my son, my wife and family. I have tried things before but never with this much conviction, motivation or passion. I will not, forget that...I CANNOT fail. Forgive my arrogance but I feel the world is better with me in it and I want to be around awhile. Wish me luck. It's time.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Welcome to MFP ..... You will /can do this ....wishing you much success ...if you need someone on this journey to support/motivate you please feel free to add me :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on taking first step - sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.
    Let your son be your motivator and I promise you'll succeed in reaching your goals. You can do this, I promise you can. Stay strong, always believe in yourself and don't lose that focus. As a community, MFP is a fantastic staying on track tool so don't be afraid to reach out. Good luck! :)