Help Excercising and gaining weight

Options
Im 5'7" weigh 258 and 45 and i hve just gained 6lbs its not hormones or water weight a friend of mine said im not eating enought i should eat more like 2000 cal im only eating around 1400 any thoughts???

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    there could be two factors.. 1. your not counting or logging correctly, therefore over eating. 2. holding water from introducing a new execerise, i know that when i began body combat i held onto water for 3 weeks, then had a whoosh effect and had a big loss/
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Either there are days where you are not eating and days where you eat only breakfast, or you are not logging everything. Your diary is mostly empty.
    Try logging for a couple of weeks everything, using a food scale. You are eating way more than you think you are and it will help you figure out where the calories are coming from.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you are truly eating at a deficit, you'll lose weight.

There are other factors which could effect weight loss such as medical conditions but you haven't specified that so I'm going to assume that isn't the case here. Are you logging and weighing all of your food accurately? Before I was introduced to weighing my food, I was under estimating my daily calories by around 300-400 some days, this really effected my deficit and I wasn't losing any weight. As soon as I started weighing my portions and tightened up the logging, the weight started coming off again.

I wouldn't say you would gain weight from eating too little - it just isn't logical.
    You say the reasons aren't hormone or water related - how have you come to that conclusion?