GOAL achieved, but the journey continues (pics)...

Options
13»

Replies

• Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Germaine and thank you for your kind words :)

CICO has really been the vital key for me and one which I've never really got to grips with before. Fortunately for me I'm a little spoilt as I work for myself from home so I can fit in my rowing as time allows. Even then it's not easy though. However my natural body clock seems to prefer working late into the night so an afternoon's workout doesn't affect things too badly. I can appreciate that it is hard for most to find the time but it is well worth it and even when I was in the Navy I used to spend many hours in the Gym after work... I guess it's just a case of making it your (his!) own time and most importantly enjoying it, which is easy after a while! It's addictive!!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What a brilliant transformation - you look amazing. Thank you for posting this.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!.....very well done!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bud great job and amazing progress. I will bookmark this thread as inspiration. I'm a bit older (64) and shorter (5' 10") but hope my results are as good as yours.
  • lindaroto
    lindaroto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bud_ wrote: »
    Fortunately I had a Dr who was sympathetic but not entirely convinced. He asked me to log everything and go back after a few months and he'd consider the options.

Congratulations! I, too, was ready to go for weight loss surgery, or at least seriously considering it. The doc I saw was gung ho about surgery and, when I expressed resistance to it, she basically discouraged me from trying to succeed without surgery. She reminded me that only 5% of those who lose substantial weight succeed in keeping it off, and also suggested to me that without having most of my stomach removed I would simply be incapable of losing weight and sustaining weight loss. And it is certainly true that I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds in my life time. For me, her throwing down the gauntlet and telling me I couldn't do it without surgery was just the motivation I needed. I've lost 70 pounds, and have about 60 to go. I am proving my doc wrong, and believe that I have learned enough for this lifestyle change to be one I can sustain for the rest of my life. I am aware everyday that I could return to old habits in a heartbeat, and that mindfulness is what sustains me. Thanks for sharing your story Bud, and keep on keepin' on.
  • FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Super! A massive well done to you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!