Starbucks frappy thingy

Options
Joreanasaurous
Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
It's summer and it's hot and I was craving one of those Ice blended Frappy thingys from Starbucks and made this instead since I was too lazy to get in my car and buy one. Must say it totally hit the stop and made me happy. Thought I would share.

I just blended:
1 Frozen Banana
1 1/4 cup almond milk (I used TJ's unsweetened vanilla)
1 spoonfull of instant coffee
1 scoop of protein power (I have used vanilla and chocolate)

and that's it. I have played with it other ways too and added coolwhip once on the top just because. Perfect for a hot summer pick me up treat. The frozen banana makes it thick and creamy.

calories: 320
carbs: 37
fat: 8
protein: 28
sugar: 16
fiber: 5

Just thought I would share in case someone else would enjoy as well :)

Replies

• BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    thank you :)

been on the (iced) skinny caramel sugar free macchiato but craving a frappuccino !
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Doh. I meant to edit and quoted myself instead. ::facepalm::
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    I've been doing the same, and it DOES hit the spot! I start to crave them. Sometimes I add a couple teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa and a couple packets of Splenda to make it extra chocolatey-- that only adds an extra 20 calories. Oh, and you can add sugar-free extracts like peppermint or orange, too!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    I've been doing the same, and it DOES hit the spot! I start to crave them. Sometimes I add a couple teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa and a couple packets of Splenda to make it extra chocolatey-- that only adds an extra 20 calories. Oh, and you can add sugar-free extracts like peppermint or orange, too!

I've done the peppermint one actually! Yum. When coffee drinks are like $5 bucks each, I stop caring about the calories I'm saving and just care about the $$$ I'm saving making my own. :smile:
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thanks for sharing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I had a tall whole milk mocha cookie crumble frappuccino yesterday, I was surprised that it was only 330 calories!