It's official - I'm too skinny for my boobs...

Options

Replies

• RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Try being 34DD. Bra companies seem to think that's impossible.

I find 34DD hard to find in the store (I've been told it's a popular size) but don't have an issue finding them online. It is true that there are lines where DD doesn't go below 36, though.This is my current favorite (and I see it's on sale, tempting to stock up although I might have to wait and see how much more I lose):
    http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/bali-bra/bali-lace-n-smooth-seamless-underwire-bra
    I won't buy a bra I can't try on.

I don't disagree with you on that--I buy one first at the store and then go online to get more once I'm sure I like it. Just saying that 34DD does exist, though. And that particular bra seems to be carried by a lot of the department stores around here in NY (including Macy's).
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 34J.... Enjoy finding that for a reasonable price!!

This! Try 30F. I think the last bra I bought was over $90.

I would suggest that you go to a specialty store that does fittings, because they'll have a greater range of sizes than a typical mall store, and you may actually be even smaller than 34. If you'd prefer to shop online, you can definitely try Bravissimo, BareNecessities has some in non-typical sizes, as does figleaves.com.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D. It's not that unusual a size.

me too!

wonder twin powers, activate!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    The problem is that the Playtex bra you wear is most likely a "full figure" bra which usually the smallest size is 36 band. There are lots of other bras that come in smaller band sizes, just not that one. You will have to shop around to find a new one, but just think of it as a reward for hard work. You aren't "too skinny for your boobs" you are just getting too thin for a "full figure" bra.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    funny thing, I went to my bi-annual bra fitting and shopping trip this afternoon.. proud of being a 32 DD and even prouder to maintain the same size as the last time I was measured in December! Yea for maintenance! And believe it or not, if you go to Nordstom's ... they have just about every bra size imaginable in stock. What I like about that store is I don't have to shop and fumble around trying on different sizes. I just tell one of the well trained department sales assistants, they ask me what I want a bra to do ( work, play, evening wear, under t-shirts and sweaters, smothing, etc) what my budget is and they measure, look at the fit on my current bra, and then come back to the dressing room with a nice selections and I choose which ones to try on and buy! They don't care if I buy none or 20 .. so professional.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSV!! Have you been measured "properly"? It's very possible that you may still wear a bigger size than a 36D. I've been wearing a 36-38B for years, but just the other day I got measured "the right way" and it turns out I'm actually a 32-34D!! I didn't believe it at first because I am NOT large chested by any means, but I tried the D on and it actually fit amazingly. Turns out a 32D is the same as a 34C, is the same as a 36B, so on and so forth. So I think many women actually wear a size that's way too small for them and just squeeze into it. I know that's what I was doing!

TL;DR: If you think you're a 36D, you can probably fit into a 34DD or a 32F with no issues, if the store carries those sizes :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Try being 34DD. Bra companies seem to think that's impossible.

I find 34DD hard to find in the store (I've been told it's a popular size) but don't have an issue finding them online. It is true that there are lines where DD doesn't go below 36, though.This is my current favorite (and I see it's on sale, tempting to stock up although I might have to wait and see how much more I lose):
    http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/bali-bra/bali-lace-n-smooth-seamless-underwire-bra
    I won't buy a bra I can't try on.

I don't disagree with you on that--I buy one first at the store and then go online to get more once I'm sure I like it. Just saying that 34DD does exist, though. And that particular bra seems to be carried by a lot of the department stores around here in NY (including Macy's).
    I know it exists. I own several. It is difficult to find, though, outside of Vicky's. I was being sarcastic.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV!

28FF. I can't find a bra in my size for less than $60. :sad:
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try getting fitted properly. Nordstrom's usually has well educated women who will fit you with a bra. Plus, 85% of women are wearing the wrong sized bra.

I'm a 32DD. All cup size has to do with is the inch difference between your underbust and your bust. So, a woman with measurements 28" underbust and a 29" bust would be a 28A. A B cup would have a bust size of 30" and so on and so forth. I measure 32" in my underbust and 37" in my bust. However, this doesn't always hold true for all bra makers and being able to try on a bra is essential as you could be a 32DD in one style/brand and a 28F in another.

I adore Panache bras and Victoria's Secret? Horrible place. Cute bras but just not cool for us women with a small band size and a large cup size.

A really awesome resource are the women over at the sub reddit a bra that fits. I would have never found out about proper bra size if it wasn't for them.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I would definitely order online. I've also had great luck at the Nordstrom's near me. I wear a 32 DDD-G...so come to me when you have that "impossible" size. I'm not super skinny either, I just have a small ribcage.

Ordering bras online has been a godsend for me. I love barenecessities.com
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    "I'm one of the ladies that, in theory, would love to have your problem (sporting the "add two cups" Victoria's Secret bra here haha),

I used to say the same thing and wore push up bras, now I'm a 36D and I wear a minimizer most of the time.I wish I could go back to a C. It's not as glamorous as I thought it would be.
  • choxmay
    choxmay Posts: 12
    Options
    I love figleaves.com - fashionable lingerie and bras. Check it out!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo is the best answer. Always had this same issue, LOL.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Opposite problem here and jealous.
    Yep, I'm too fat for my boobs.
    As I type I am wearing a 36B. The band is comfy but the cup is way too big. :grumble:
    My most comfortable bra is a 38A but I had to order it online. It's hard enough to find 36A's in the store, let alone anything bigger.
  • Preciousone86
    Options
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm a 34JJ :-/
  • daisylu00
    daisylu00 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on your new problem :) I agree it's hard to find wireless. I'm a 32DD/34D. Really hard to find in stores like Kohls, Macys, Target, etc. But I have no doubt that Nordstroms would find a new fav wireless for you. Plus they'll get you in the perfect size.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    You've got to understand bra size, in order to even buy the right size.

Cup sizes are not created equal; they're based on volume: 44D=/=40D. Actually, 44D=42DD=40F=38G=36H. So, if your cup size is actually shrinking, that's fine... but I strongly suggest getting a good fitting before investing in bras.
  • Cope_Jr
    Cope_Jr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For some of these comments... we need like buttons. Like losing enough weight and working at it to even garner a bra size discussion. Way to go!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Color my "A" cups very jealous right now! :wink:
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32D and have no trouble finding bras. 34Cs work for me in a demi too, full coverage no. You can try going up a band size and down a cup size.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!