I am looking for a motivational buddy or two....

Options
Hi everyone...

Before I begin, I do not want any "advice" or judgement. I have been at this for years and have tried everything. I know my body better than you do. I know my weaknesses better than you do. So, if you are not someone wanting a motivational buddy, do not read any further.

I have been at this weight loss thing for quite sometime, and nothing seems to work long-term. I have actually GAINED after being the same weight for YEARS. And I do blame "dieting" for this.

Ultimately, I know what I need to do but I am fairly certain I have a food addiction. It has to be "all or nothing" for me. I cannot do the "treat" thing because "a treat" turns into a whole weekend or week long thing.

I had gotten a Fitbit, and I did find that helpful for tracking my fitness. I am currently reading some metabolism books written by Scott Abel (great reads!) and am thinking about following his approach to weight loss. It makes a lot of sense.

What I am basically looking for is someone that shares similar goals and a similar mindset as me to weight loss. Someone I can check-in with throughout the day or confide in when I am craving and wanting to give into certain foods, etc. It may be easier if you reside in Canada so that we can text or if you have Fitbit so that we can message and motivate each other with Fitness.

My approach is to eat as much non-processed foods as possible, move (walk) as much as possible, do weights, yoga/pilates, and "treats" are limited to maybe once a month.

Please send me a message if you think we could be a match for motivational buddies. Thank you.