I love my wine!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NatYapp1
    NatYapp1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also love my wine, and don't want to cut it out as that just wouldn't be sustainable, I like to be able to enjoy my wine! I take a similar approach to some of the other posters above, I try to not drink/drink very little during the week and come in a bit under calories, so I have a little extra banked to 'spend' at the weekend. Seems to work ok for me at the moment, though I'm sure I would be a lot lighter if I didn't drink! :-)
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I try to have wine at special occasions now. I have no problems counting the calories, but always head for nibbles and cheese and go overboard!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Oh man do I love my wine! Every Saturday night I have a date with my Sauvignon Blanc. I sometimes use this wine glass to watch my calories, but most times I just budget for half the bottle :smile: r41u0z21s4q1.jpeg

Where did you get that glass? I want one!!!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »

Where did you get that glass? I want one!!!

I ordered it on Amazon.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have to limit myself with wine for a few reasons: I have a hard time controlling myself around an open bottle at home, and I don't like cheap wines. When going out, I like to have a drink while everyone else has a drink, but I can get through two glasses of wine while my friends nurse one beer or cocktail (pansies).

When my goal is weight-loss, I allow myself one night a week to drink what I want (unless it's football season, then it's one night and Sunday afternoon).

When my goal is maintenance, I can have it a little more frequently; I just make sure it fits into my calorie goal for maintenance.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    That glass is so cool! I'm tempted to order one to save all the wine I end up spilling using my 125ml measuring cup...

I prelog my wine. 125ml at a time. Since losing weight I have a much lower tolerance for alcohol, and since having kids I have a much lower tolerance for hangovers, so my drinking has become naturally more moderate. I drink on the weekends, and maybe Monday if there's a little bit left in the bottle...

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I drink wine almost every day. It didn't stop me from losing almost 30 lbs, though I suppose I might have lost faster without the wine.

same here. some type of alchohol 6-7 days a week. Maybe I would have lost faster but I dont think it would have been as enjoyable.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I love it, too. But I have two issues with it: My idea of a glass of wine is more than half the bottle. Then of course the remainder fits nicely in my coffee cup for a couple hours later!

I always get the alcohol munchies and can't resist indulging. My kryptonite? A bottle of cheap red wine, a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jam. Throw some ice cream in there, and I'm in hog heaven.

Until the next morning, that is.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like my wine, too. I also love a scotch and Coke, which is even worse.
    Times past when I've been restricting calories I've added the wine calories in, without going over my calorie budget.
    But I don't need it, and I could cut my calorie budget a little more without it. So I've decided to cut it out entirely until I get the fat under control a little better, then only have a couple glasses on Saturday, and I will count the calories.

Maybe Scotch and Coke Zero then?

Sadly, it's just not the same with diet coke, and ends up being a waste of good liquor (IMO). :/

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I love my wine too.!
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love my beer. But i excercise every day just to enjoy that 6 pack (beers and my adominal six pack).
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I like my wine, too. I also love a scotch and Coke, which is even worse.
    Times past when I've been restricting calories I've added the wine calories in, without going over my calorie budget.
    But I don't need it, and I could cut my calorie budget a little more without it. So I've decided to cut it out entirely until I get the fat under control a little better, then only have a couple glasses on Saturday, and I will count the calories.

Maybe Scotch and Coke Zero then?

Sadly, it's just not the same with diet coke, and ends up being a waste of good liquor (IMO). :/

Diet Coke is gross. Coke Zero tastes much more like regular Coke, IMO.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero tastes like regular Coke to me. Diet Coke is gross, I agree with that.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I like ChiantI