Frozen Yogurt

Options
Is it okay to have frozen yogurt while on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just make sure it fits into your calorie goal for the day and you're fine.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It's ok to have *INSERT ANY FOOD*.

Remain in a calorie deficit. That's all.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    mzleah12 wrote: »
    Is it okay to have frozen yogurt while on your weight loss journey?

You can eat anything on your weight loss journey as long as it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals. If it fits, you like it, and you don't have any kind of negative reactions from eating it, then it sounds great!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes and make sure it is yummy and delicious and satisfies that sweet tooth. Pay close attention to the serving size and keep in within your goals. My husband just bought some pralines and cream FY and it is so delicious.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt is awesomeness! I'm in a small cut so have restricted my portions, but after my race, its back to my weekly quart of frozen yogurt from my favorite frozen yogurt shop.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    some are extremely high in sugar and it can blow a diet.
    every year they seem to get more sugary
    ex: one serving is 1/2 cup = 14 grams of sugar
    MEASURE YOUR PORTIONS !!!!
    * I have never been able to handle foods that require such careful monitoring.
    You could be better off with just ice cream !

Anything can "blow a diet" if it takes you over your calories. Why would this be harder to measure than ice cream?
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would say no. Ice cream is far, far better tasting. ;)

Just make sure to weigh it and log it. No one food is going to blow your weight loss. :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    i bought ice cream instead, because for 1/2 a cup ice cream had less sugar and fat (by far).
    you have got to read those labels

That's interesting. The yogurt I get tends to be low or non fat.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My old assumption that all yogurt is healthy was quickly dismissed after reading the labels.
    A few yogurt shops have a "no added sugar" option that really helps when trying to stay in your daily allotment.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Just log it and make sure it's within your daily allowance and ENJOY! :D
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    some are extremely high in sugar and it can blow a diet.
    every year they seem to get more sugary
    ex: one serving is 1/2 cup = 14 grams of sugar
    MEASURE YOUR PORTIONS !!!!
    * I have never been able to handle foods that require such careful monitoring.
    You could be better off with just ice cream !

Sugar doesn't cause weight gain or prevent weight loss. Only excess calories can do that.
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Small amount maybe but it is not a nutritional dense food. You get more healing nutrients with whole foods. You can make a thick smoothie with frozen banana and frozen blueberries, strawberries or other fruit. Ounce for ounce you're better off and there is no added sugar which can trigger cravings for more simple carbs. Not all calories are the same. Do you want to be healthy and slim? Make frozen yogurt a very infrequent treat or try making your own at home. Best is to avoid store bought most of the time. Even with fruit I do better if I keep my portions to 3 fruits a day and make smoothie/ice cream with a protein serving. I sometimes add a half of a small avocado for creaminess and the fat adds in filling & satisfying longer. You can add organic cocoa powder or nibs and stevia if desired. Check out web sites for smoothies, green smoothies etc. Just use MFP to plan and track calories and nutrition to fit in with your goals.