Small Vent-Weight Loss Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustrations, because it would be nice if this was easy and dramatic and glamorous. But I don't think it's helpful to look at weight loss as an insane Biggest Loser type of transformation where you lose a crapton of weight in a small amount of time and your picture is splashed on magazine covers. Weight loss is, 99.9% of the time, slow and boring and part of your day-to-day life, for the rest of your life. And that's not a bad thing because it means it's part of your existence without being the center of your existence.

Dramatic weight loss stories and extreme weight loss TV shows are fun to watch but they're not reality. Those people also spend hours and hours a day exercising and are also facing major health problems if they don't lose weight. Be glad that's not your problem! I lost 115 pounds over 3.5 years. It was slow and unexciting but it has stayed off. I don't want to be anyone's role model, I just want to life a happy and healthy life.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    If those stories are even true, maybe the reason those people lost was bc those changes created a massive deficit. Maybe they were previously eating a whole McCain Deep and Delicious cake for breakfast, who knows.

If you already ate reasonably well before losing, quantity needs to be the focus for you.

But half a pound a week is fantastic. Just be consistent, you'll get there.

You probably won't get there if you go with an unsustainable deficit (for you)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't watch that stuff. I'm really happy for those people, but it's not how I do it. My weight has and will come off slowly and that's okay by me.

I'm doing my own thing and watching my own success. :)