Looking for some good motivators

Options
This is my 3rd time trying MFP and I'm hoping that the 3rd time's a charm. If anyone has some good tips/advice on how you've stayed motivated, I'm all ears. :-) I'd also love to hear about workout routines and recipes that you'd recommend.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stay strong, remain focused and don't lose sight of your goal - you can do this!
  • elekroos7
    elekroos7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and starting my weight loss journey, again ;) Feel free to add me for motivation, humor and eventually, recipes. Good luck!
  • scairns19
    scairns19 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd go around too - this time I really want to stay on track, but I sometimes find logging food daunting. Any tips? Also, do you guys eat back your workout calories or not? I'm not sure if you are suppose to or not....I would love some great motivators!
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    Options
    Oh that's a good point, @scairns19. I typically don't eat mine back but I would love to hear people's thoughts about it.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    LindsayPosey, welcome back! I am very curious about why you quit the first and second time. If that problem is not dealt with, I am afraid to say...you are just going to keep quitting. It is very important to know what it is and deal with it head on. The journey of losing weight is not going to be easy, but staying determined and focused is quite crucial to your weight loss. You have to be willing to embrace the whole process and make it part of your lifestyle. It can't be ok, I met my goal, am good to go and then quit and go back to the old ways. You have to want it so bad that you know your life depends on it.

What kept me motivated? Recognizing daily what brought me here in the first place. I joind MFP this year because my cholesterol was high and my weight was at 275. The first thing I did was come up with a plan of attack on how to deal with my health situation. I put down on paper my plan, such as my weight 275, my goal weight 245, when I want to accomplish this goal (Dec 2015), got a fitness device to track my fitness level, how many times for exercise, and joined MFP. Writing down your goals usually keep you focus. Also having one or two real life friends to keep you accountable. MFP can be another extension of new friends to keep accountable, but also being able to track your calories. i have a fitness device (Garmin Vivofit) I use in tracking my steps and mileage when I exercise, walk or run. Garmin has an app called Garmin Connect which I have connected to MFP. On Garmin Connect, I am connected to some friends from MFP who are in a step challenge with me. We watch each other's steps and tried to beat each other to see who will walk the farthest before the end of the week. I like it because it keeps things fun. I am also a member of a gym. sometimes gyms have exercise classes you can take part in as part of your membership. Seeing my weight drop when I step on the scale once a week has been a good motivator. It makes me feel like I am on track. There has been days or weeks where the scale needle didn't move at all, but I don't let that discourage me. I keep pressing on, because I realized if I give in, then discouragement comes in and steal your joy and successes. I am not saying it was easy, but it's all about your mind set and determination. Ask your self what do you want out of this journey, have a focus and go GET IT! You've got to have that attitude of nothing can stop you from achieving your goal mentality. It is not going to be perfect, because you will make some bad choices along the way, but you stick with it and don't QUIT no matter what. I have lost 20lbs so far and I have 10lbs to shed.

Workout Routine! I have been working out since I was 17 yrs old. Over the years I have gotten better and have trained people in weight training and exercises. Here is a link to a website that I think could assist you in exercise routine that might be helpful to you. http://nutbutterrunner.com/post/46067878542/the-no-excuses-just-move-it-workout. I thought these are exercises you can do at home or gym. Weight bearing exercise such as using dumbbells are very essential as well http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Weight-Training-Women-Dumbbell-Circuit-Workout-33387231#photo-33519057.

As far as food recipes, my suggestion to you will be to Google it. There are plenty of healthy weight loss recipes online. The one thing i will caution you is to make sure you measure and weigh your food. This way you are entering the right data into MFP. You need to track everything, YES everything you eat. If you eat out just do your best to guesstimate. Some restaurant may have nutritional information for their menu if you ask.

Sorry for the wordiness of my response. I hope this is helpful. Feel free to add me if want.
  • jkybm1
    jkybm1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    add me all help welcome :)