Snack ideas?

Options
Looking for snack ideas ? What does everyone normally eat between meals I usually do 3 meals a day and a snack sometimes 2 in between, I normally eat oatmeal and a banana for bfast daily and have a large apple with my lunch everyday so looking for some low Cal options other than fruit ? TIA also how far apart are you all spacing meals ..and snacks

Replies

• southhamptonmike
    southhamptonmike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    quest bars, greek yogurt with added walnuts, cottage cheese w/berries, sardines and sliced tomatoes, hummus and carrot sticks, quacamole with veggies, peanut butter and celery, hard boiled eggs ; just to name a few.
  • kjcaeaj96
    kjcaeaj96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks, celery sticks, and I love grapes
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Kind bars....Macadamia nuts....mmmmm
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    hummus and carrots or celery, apples and pnb, nuts, protein bar, cup of soup, string cheese and an orange, toast and peanut butter, cheese toast
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Ummm depends on the day..Like today I am going to do some nachos with low fat cheese and sour cream....I am tossing around the idea of salsa and guac but that is a tough one.
  • abrooks54
    abrooks54 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with granola added, kind bars, string cheese, cottage cheese, pickled beats, olives, carrots, cucumbers, wheat thins
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My current rotation includes:

some type of bar (granola, Kind, protein)
    plain Greek yogurt with granola
    fruit (apples, grapes, berries)
    Hummus & Pretzels
    Nuts
    Babybel Cheese
    Laughing Cow Cheese with Celery
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    String cheese
    beef jerky
    sun flower seeds
    grapes
    wheat thins
    greek yogurt
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on nuts, fruits, and dried fruit like figs and dates. I loved using luna bars as snacking they are very yummy but my stomach didn't agree with them, made me very bloated.
    I space out my meals like this: 6am breakfast, 10am snack, 12pm lunch, 4pm snack, 8pm dinner.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If I'm at home, I tend to like warm things. A packet of instant oatmeal, a baked potato, a serving of tater tots, some eggs, a bag of steamed veggies...I tend to eat typical "snack stuff" like crackers and nuts as treats rather than something that's actually supposed to hold me oven until the next meal. They just aren't filling enough to justify otherwise.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My favorite is shelled sunflower seeds. The brand i buy is only 100 calories and 190 sodium per ounce! The bag i get has 8 ounces and it takes me a week to eat it all if i snack on them for 1.5 hours a day, and by this i mean non stop reloading and constant eating! I love it!
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great ideas thank you everyone
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are string cheese, pickles, baby carrot sticks with or without a fat free ranch dressing, and popcorn kernels that you can pop yourself (not the kernels that come in the microwave bag).
  • LaineyLouScrap
    LaineyLouScrap Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Besides what a lot of u have already said, sugar snap peas are my fav!!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I like shrimp with cocktail sauce, yummy and low cal! I also eat a lot of greek yogurt. Other options: snack sized cans of flavoured tuna, berries, cottage cheese...
  • cassandrawiggins
    Options
    I recently started making homemade kale chips and I LOVE them! I have to keep from eating them all so I can have some the next day.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I eat rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, yogurt, half a protein bar, popcorn, nuts.
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Ummm depends on the day..Like today I am going to do some nachos with low fat cheese and sour cream....I am tossing around the idea of salsa and guac but that is a tough one.

What's to toss around?! Always guac and salsa with nachos!
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella with tomatoes, cuties tangerines. If i have a fruit i usually balance that with a protein like a boiled egg so my sugars don't spike. Hmmm oatmeal... Hmmm yep