Question about Calories earned with fitbit.

Options
I have a question. The extra calories earned during the day with fit bit are calories I need to consume in order to lost weight? OR, are they optional? I find that if I go up and down in calories that the weight comes off easier. Rather than just eating my allowed 1200 calories. Any advice will be accepted!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat back unless it is over 200 calories and I am hungry.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    1200 is MFPs lowest minimum default. Because it's a default it's hard to say how low this already is.

What your FitBit does is compares your MFP set activity level to your actual activity level. When you sync it to MFP....MFP maintains your original deficit. In other words you can eat your calories back and lose weight at the rate you signed up for.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

If you are looking at large adjustments....definitely eat some calories back. Because 1200 is a default (for extremely petite and/or senior ladies....this goal is more appropriate).....you are likely already at an aggressive weekly goal. Large deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle. Bottom line....if you want a higher fat loss %....eat calories back. If you are not at an aggressive goal already....then not to worry so much.

Moderate pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • cindyb0121
    cindyb0121 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I feel better about eating calories back now.