Totally let myself go

Options
I've got to the point now where enough is enough and will follow through with losing this weight once and for all.

I haven't actually weighed myself for some time as I guess I never really wanted to know the answer. I would tell myself weight doesn't matter, clothes size is what does or that becuse I'm taller then average for a girl - I would only be disappointed with the result.

Tomorrow is a new way of life for me, I don't own scales so will go to my local boots store and face the scales/bmi machine. Also, insanity fit test tomorrow and I'd doubt the results will be good :)

Sorry for the long post, I guess I have to let this out somewhere as on the outside - I'm the tough one who can deal with anything...

Anyone any advice, please do leave a comment!!

Lashes xx

Replies

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Great plan. Weigh in and do measurements, body fat too if you can. You have your true starting point then.

I didn't do either. I avoided the scales and guessed my starting weight for Mfp. I know I was heavier at one point as I tried weight watchers then and that weigh in was the highest and most depressing ever.

Just do it and shake off the bad feelings. Get started on Mfp and you'll be amazed at yourself in just a few months :)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to be patient with yourself. Sustainable weight loss is a slow process. You can do it!
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you from my own experience is that if you are serious about this, and you certainly seem to be, you have to dedicate yourself to the process. don't blow off logging on weekends.... or worse entire weeks... i did this during the first months and had poor results. If you have a lot to lose its going to come off fast at first and suddenly you will notice that you are losing less in between weigh ins. dont freak out like i did and dramatically decrease your intake until you are not even eating enough.... just realize that it is a time consuming and often frustrating process but the results will be worth it. Good luck! :)

---also like others said- take before pictures and measurements!!!! I didnt want ANY pictures of how I used to look so i dont have anything to compare to. I think if I did, when I feel frustrated I would have an easier time getting over it and looking back at how far I've come! And scales dont know anything, so measure too!
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    I too did not want to face the scale because I was so ashamed of how I let myself get so out of control. I guessed my starting weight on MVP but eventually bought a scale. Yes do take measurements and pictures of you body too. I have to do the picture thing myself too so don't feel bad, just don't give up. You can do it! Another thing I've done is I bought two small jars and put marbles in one equal to my starting weight and every time I lose a pound I drop one marble in the other jar. It feels good and is a nice way to be proud of yourself and stay motivated.
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    I agree with the measuring tip one hundred percent! I have a lot to lose so my weight fluctuates day to day. I try not to weigh myself more than once a week on a Saturday morning, scale in the same spot and same clothes on so I get the most accurate reading. I do weigh in and take my measurements once a week right now because I like to see the change. I'm still chicken to do the pictures but I know I'll feel so much better when I look back at them and see the changes. Good luck!
  • LashesA
    LashesA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies.

I've already taken my before pictures and measurements etc I'll maybe post the pictures when I start to see some progress.

I'll decide my target weight tomorrow after my weigh in and do some research to see what's right for my height.

For now, I know I want to go down 3 sizes - I'm a UK 14-16 just now which is really getting me down - I was in size 10 jeans with the top button undone when I was 40 weeks pregnant :(

Been looking at Insanity before and afters and the tone/definition after 60/120 days is amazing - the pictures are making me extra motivated :)

Thanks all for the support - feels good to let it all out and know I'm not the only one!

Lashes x
  • Dannie23187
    Options
    Good for you for taking the plunge!!
    ive been yoyo dieting for years!! Then after my first pregnancy i went up to 19stone!!!! Lost 4 stone pretty easy then joined ww to shift the rest. Got down to 12 which for me, was an achievement cos i am what you call "big boned" lol, just a big build really, cant seem to get less than a size 14 but in comfortable with that.
    Then after second pregnancy, went to 16 stone!! Got down to 14 again then needed help again so hit the gym with my friends. Was really determined so hammered it!.ended up crashing and burning cos i was so so strict! Got down to 12.8 pretty quick but then was being ridiculous weighing about 4x a day. Ended up "earning a break" and basically fell off the wagon. Putting on around the stone mark again.
    So i started using this and with the help of my friends going the gym with me etc, im trying to do it properly this time and then maintain my weight once there!!
    my advice would be, don't weigh yourself too much!! Once a week at the most! It can become.obsessive And don't worry about allowing a treat every now and again, so long as you include it in your diary.
    Im not.too knowledgeable on the whole how many calories etc is right per person and needed some help along the way,.however k am happy to offer support and motivation along the way! We all need that ????????