Decision not to log

Options
2»

Replies

• vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That's where I log my "cheat meal" which is just a shitton of cookies so I don't break my streak. Have an AMAZING time in Alaska. Very jealous.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Have Fun!

On my vacation (and my upcoming business travel) I logged everything, but just ate around maintenance and used best guesses. Not once did I think "I really wish I could eat that, but I don't have the calories", but it did slow down the constant snacking (we had junk food all over the place that was very convenient to grab). I was "up" 3lb, but down those 3lb two days after I got back (so, obviously it was water weight).

Do whatever you want, just make sure you can accept the consequences and get back on track when you return. That is all that really matters.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    If you do it right, and don't consider not logging an excuse to eat anything and everything, you should be fine. The world's populations lived without logging for many, many years...it IS possible.

Here in myfitnesspal land, logging is the ultimate and only method that will work for everyone forever.

So it seems.
  • chinsinsi
    chinsinsi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Logging?
    Isn't that what they DO in Alaska?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    chinsinsi wrote: »
    Logging?
    Isn't that what they DO in Alaska?

Heh.

I haven't logged while on vacation/traveling, since it's just such a pain and inaccurate anyway. For me it's been practice at eating sensibly without logging.

Since being close to goal I've been taking logging breaks off and on even when not traveling, though.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You'll probably lose 5 pounds.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I always gain a few pounds when I fly. If you flew and are up a few pounds, wait a few days.

Have a nice vacation! :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what the symbols around thorsmom and Alyssa_is_Losing_it's profile pics mean? Are they in forum jail or something?

Yep.

It's rough on the inside.